Ebay Shaving soap - penhaligon ?

I know its a bit late , as the listing has ended , but i tried the "Rose" today , its a monster for lather , the most ive ever produced , its not all airy foam , but a thick slick lather , just wonderful , best shave ive had in a while , the only problem is i havent a clue who produced the soap ?? grrr

I ordered the "Penhaligons" soap too. As described it had the name scratched out but after a few swirls "Penhaligon" appeared. This is my only soap so I have nothing to compare it too, but the lather seems more than adequate. The downside is that it smells of "soap", maybe Imperial Leather, and I really dislike soapy smells. This will only be used if I ever run out of creams, which, frankly, is unlikely.

If fact, does anyone want this? I've stuffed it into a Fitjar cream pot so it's very usable. Zero cost. The only downside is you'll have to wait for me to be well enough to make it to the post office.

Paul

mrlimbo said:
I know its a bit late , as the listing has ended , but i tried the "Rose" today , its a monster for lather , the most ive ever produced , its not all airy foam , but a thick slick lather , just wonderful , best shave ive had in a while , the only problem is i havent a clue who produced the soap ?? grrr

Good to hear that, tho I envy you. I have a puck too (that is why I asked), but I do not get a thick, slick lather out of it. It works and the shave is very nice, but the lather is somewhat thin and airy. Will try again tomorrow and load longer.

Wil said:
mrlimbo said:

Good to hear that, tho I envy you. I have a puck too (that is why I asked), but I do not get a thick, slick lather out of it. It works and the shave is very nice, but the lather is somewhat thin and airy. Will try again tomorrow and load longer.
Well i did load it pretty heavy , with a none squeezed brush , as i was trying to break through the rather dried outer layer , as they do seem rather old and were not shrink wrapped like some of the other pucks i had !!

Keep whisking until the soap thickens up , as it does go through a airy foamy stage at first !
If you still have problems , its worth grating it and reforming it and see if that works better.

mrlimbo said:

The Rose will almost definitely be the Trumpers, assuming the puck was 80g

a close shave said:
mrlimbo said:

The Rose will definitely be the Trumpers, assuming the puck was 80g and sold as an end of line & un boxed. I don't think you will have bought them from me although I've got some listed at the moment but only a few of that fragrance left.

Anna
Hi , yes ive seen your soaps on the bay , was tempted by the "Eucris" one , but it was being sold with 3 or more other soaps , all of which ive got !!!

Back
Top Bottom