Ebay Shaving soap - penhaligon ?

I don't know how often these manufacturers knock out odd cakes or end of lines. You never know, might be the real thing.

On the Penhaligons it depends on whether it's old formula or new formula, but the latter is shockingly bad shaving soap. Apparently the old formula was good however, when it had lanolin. It all smells great.

Hiya,

Seems like I read about those soaps on occasion. Didn't we just have a recent thread about the ebay Pens soaps?

Anyway, from what I've gathered, you may have overpaid.......heh. Maybe not and I'm totally wrong, but that's the feeling I get.

Let us know how that works out,

Martin

Oh i must have missed the Ebay Pens soap thread ! i know there was a Ebay Trumper soap thread , i had one of those and it was great , anyway cheap enough to take a chance ;)

Well i used the "penhaligon" soap today , its Blenheim Bouquet and the performance and lather were fantastic on par with MWF , im assuming its the old formula judging by the colour of the puck and the great shave/lather , the smell to me is the middle note of Blenheim Bouquet , which im not so keen on , so i may put this one up for a trade at some point , next the rose soap which i dont know which make it is ? , the seller also very kindly included for free a trumper sandalwood :)

mrlimbo said:
Well i used the "penhaligon" soap today , its Blenheim Bouquet and the performance and lather were fantastic on par with MWF , the seller also very kindly included for free a trumper sandalwood :)

Good to hear,

Truthfully, I wasn't real optimistic and it's nice reading about a happy ending.

Thanks for your review mate, I was waiting for it as I read some time before that some Penhaligon soap formulations were terrible and I was a bit worried...

Order placed!

Cheers!

I placed an order yesterday, too. Only two hours after vowing not to buy any shaving soaps all YEAR. Yep, I have fifty six (well, I ordered two so soon I'll have 58) not including a few duplicates. I really can't justify buying any more till next year. But there's my birthday soon and Xmas near the deadline...

mrlimbo said:
Well i used the "penhaligon" soap today , its Blenheim Bouquet and the performance and lather were fantastic on par with MWF , im assuming its the old formula judging by the colour of the puck and the great shave/lather , the smell to me is the middle note of Blenheim Bouquet , which im not so keen on , so i may put this one up for a trade at some point , next the rose soap which i dont know which make it is ? , the seller also very kindly included for free a trumper sandalwood :)
I got mine yesterday although no freebie with mine! Used the Penhaligons which was good and smelt quite nice. I'll try the coconut soon - I wonder what manufacturer that was from? Anyone tried the coconut one?

NotTheStig said:
mrlimbo said:
I got mine yesterday although no freebie with mine! Used the Penhaligons which was good and smelt quite nice. I'll try the coconut soon - I wonder what manufacturer that was from? Anyone tried the coconut one?

Good to hear , was the coconut wrapped in cellophane with a gold round sticker with a number on it ? if so there normally stated as "Trumpers" i have no idea if they are though , i had one as my first starter soap and its still a fave :)

Got my Penhaligons today, I haven't got a clue what scent it is (hint of fern but not overpowering) but it lathers up a treat

mrlimbo said:
NotTheStig said:
mrlimbo said:

Good to hear , was the coconut wrapped in cellophane with a gold round sticker with a number on it ? if so there normally stated as "Trumpers" i have no idea if they are though , i had one as my first starter soap and its still a fave :)
Yeah mine is like that. Hopefully it is ok - some of the newer Trumpers soaps are allegedly not as good as they used to be. Did they used to contain tallow? I've tried a new violet one and its performance was ok but there are better for much less. From this sale it was cheap enough anyway!

Today first use of my Penhaligon's soap.

I agree with you mates, it performs decently although it hasn't a remarkable scent . Maybe a soapy fern?

Anyway, a really good deal!

Cheers and thanks again to finder!

Wil said:
Some one tried the rose yet?
Was next to try , but then the soap pif arrived and ive got half a dozen of them to try , before i pass it forward !

Sir_eider said:
Today first use of my Penhaligon's soap.

I agree with you mates, it performs decently although it hasn't a remarkable scent . Maybe a soapy fern?

Anyway, a really good deal!

Cheers and thanks again to finder!
What colour is the puck ? fern would be greenish , and Blenheim Bouquet is a light beige (thats what i got), thats the old formula colours i think , as the new ones both look pretty much white !

Back
Top Bottom