ebay / paypal

New to ebay and paypal.
If I buy something in foreign currency ($) from China (a brush and or blades - oh dear, more stuff) do I pay anything for currency conversion. Googled the question, but could not find the answer - at least not in a clear form I could understand.

And do I put money into my empty paypal account first?

Grateful for any advice.

So paypal calculate a value in £ that I pay them (via my credit card) based on their currency conversion rate - that incorporates the relevant 'fee'. Got it. Thanks.

Someone told me this old fashioned shaving lark was cheaper. Now its a hobby ;-)

:cry: Can i ask that everyone refrains from posting in the for sale/trades for at least 6-8 weeks as if i buy anything else im going to get divorced...see keeps asking how many faces and shaves can one man have in a lifetime... :lol:

hunnymonster said:
Hopefully just the one face and around 3500 shaves per decade assuming a few days off per year and shaving once per day....
Now im worried shes correct saying we are all sad on here... :?

slash said:
hunnymonster said:
Hopefully just the one face and around 3500 shaves per decade assuming a few days off per year and shaving once per day....
Now im worried shes correct saying we are all sad on here... :?

Sorry - the engineer in my couldn't resist a quick approximation... (not a civil engineer though - used to be if you looked up "Boring" in the yellow pages that it said "see Civil Engineer" :lol: - the Institute of Civil Engineers being the humourless bunch of arseholes that they are expensively lobbied the yellow pages to get that changed)

slightly off topic. Do you know if it's possible to add an incentive for someone to pay you using bank transfer / postal order on ebay? - anything wrong with that? For e.g. free delivery if paying by bank transfer.

I know that you have to offer paypal, but I don't want paypal taking 5%ish of my final sale price.

Back
Top Bottom