ebay ooops

So I bought this on evil bay...

27yu986.png

And this is what postie handed me...

bjhe9x.jpg

Now I am not adverse to playing with a SE ever-ready and this one is in lovely condition, but I was after something open comb and DE and this, well, this isn't.

I wonder what will happen now? emails sent...

Speak to the seller explaining what has happened, most sellers will put the matter right. They should send you the postage to return the item, and then pay for the right one to be sent out to you. If they haggle or argue, or refuse to pay the postage both ways, open a dispute in the category, "ITEM NOT AS DESCRIBED" Then it will go to dispute and you will win. When that happens the seller is forced to conform, and to pay postage both ways and to replace the item, or you can both agree to cancel the transaction, when you become entitled to a full refund.

Professor Blighty said:
Speak to the seller explaining what has happened, most sellers will put the matter right. They should send you the postage to return the item, and then pay for the right one to be sent out to you. If they haggle or argue, or refuse to pay the postage both ways, open a dispute in the category, "ITEM NOT AS DESCRIBED" Then it will go to dispute and you will win. When that happens the seller is forced to conform, and to pay postage both ways and to replace the item, or you can both agree to cancel the transaction, when you become entitled to a full refund.

Thanks,

(Btw the straight arrived today, scarey, in the words of the admin girl here, "No.... You have to be joking".)

Professor Blighty said:

+1
But to just add when sending back insist on recorded. Had one seller claiming he had not received item, soon changed his mind(suddenly found in porch :roll: ) when i opened a dispute. Keep copies of any emails sent and received if not through ebay.

Mal

My first step would be to take it up politely with the seller - I've found the vast majority are genuine and want to sort out the problem. I've only once had to file a dispute though ebay - for an item Significantly Not As Described (SNAD) - it went my way. You have to be careful to follow all the steps to the letter - if you do that, you'll be ok if the seller is "reluctant" to help.

Best of luck.

Michael

Seem to be getting a resolution now.

It seems the vendor was wondering why they were getting so many messages during the auction. They mistakenly posted the Gold Old Type picture onto an auction for the Ever ready I received.

Then they replied to my ebay message by replying to the copy ebay sent to their email account. Apparently the Old Type is in the post to me.

I felt a bit rubbish about this one, but on reflection all of us bidding on the auction must have been after the razor shown in the picture....

Back
Top Bottom