Ebay nutters

Status
Not open for further replies.
chrisbell said:
Turning to the broader situation, what sad and unnecessary thread. I really thought we were above that sort of thing here.

Chris - that's way out of line! You said it yourself - told to you in confidence! So you blurt it out on the internet. Please edit your post.

I hope he is welcomed back at some point. Talking to him via PM has been great, he really is a nice guy. I can understand why he has been banned, but I'd like to see him back on here soon.

Right...

calm-down-ministry-of-scousers-calm-down.png

Graeme has always been a gent in my dealings with him.
I had a few odd looks just now from fellow train passengers when I laughed out loud at Hunnymonster's poster post.

Gents,

Hopefully everyone has had a chance to chill a little, let's remember that there's a language barrier going on here and online translators aren't exactly reliable when it comes to written English. Plus various ebay sites work in slightly different ways.

I know from first hand experience that most continental European ebay sites send the ebay seller (where ever they may be located) an email with the buyer's details before the PayPal checkout process is complete.

What doesn't help is that most of these sites won't let you delete the primary address (the one used when the account was first opened) and for this reason ebay tell sellers only send to the address on the completed PayPal transaction.

I may be wrong, but is it possible that MajorTom sent to the address on the ebay email, rather than the PayPal email (with the correct address) unintentionally as he was unaware of this. Add the language barrier into the mix and suddenly you have the whole sorry situation above unfolding.

I've had many, many dealings with Rasierhobel and have found him to be an honourable and trustworthy person. Just me throwing a bit of balance into the situation.

P.S.
God only knows what Google translator writes when I send messages to French and German sellers :blush:

Jamies said:
Gents,

Hopefully everyone has had a chance to chill a little, let's remember that there's a language barrier going on here and online translators aren't exactly reliable when it comes to written English. Plus various ebay sites work in slightly different ways.

I know from first hand experience that most continental European ebay sites send the ebay seller (where ever they may be located) an email with the buyer's details before the PayPal checkout process is complete.

What doesn't help is that most of these sites won't let you delete the primary address (the one used when the account was first opened) and for this reason ebay tell sellers only send to the address on the completed PayPal transaction.

I may be wrong, but is it possible that MajorTom sent to the address on the ebay email, rather than the PayPal email (with the correct address) unintentionally as he was unaware of this. Add the language barrier into the mix and suddenly you have the whole sorry situation above unfolding.

I've had many, many dealings with Rasierhobel and have found him to be an honourable and trustworthy person. Just me throwing a bit of balance into the situation.

P.S.
God only knows what Google translator writes when I send messages to French and German sellers :blush:

... a bit of common sense... I'll go with that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom