026476.jpg

3 Cans of Coke £0.59 Each
009047.jpg

3 Packs Tesco Oven Bottom Muffins £0.47 Each
020134.jpg

2 x Packs Coleslaw £0.69 Each
110080.jpg

Total Cost £17.15 :icon_razz::icon_razz:

Put Pork Shoulder in a large bowl, remove string, sprinkle on 3 Packets of BBQ Seasoning and rub in until all the meat is covered, then leave for 3 or 4 hours in the fridge.

Peel and slice both onions into rings, put one lot of rings in the bottom of the slow cooker, place marinated shoulder on the layer onions and then pour in three cans of coke (yes coke !!!!), then put rest of onion rings on top of the shoulder.

Let it bubble away in the slow cooker (low setting) for 8 hours, check shoulder is cooked (after 8 hours it should be falling apart and easy to shread) if it is, then remove the shoulder onto a plate, scoop out onions from the coke cooking liquid and throw liquid away.

remove the thick piece of fat from the top of the pork (should just peel and pull away in your hand as it's so tender and throw it away) then place shoulder and onions back into the slow cooker, pour on both bottles of BBQ marinade (i know this is a marinade rather than a sauce but this one is more smokey and less sweet so i prefer it) and then using two forks just shread or "PULL" the meat apart and mix in the marinade.

leave in the slow cooker on low for about 45 mins and it will look dark and sticky.

slice open muffins, smear with the pulled pork and a big dollop of coleslaw, put on a Cowboy Hat* and enjoy !! :icon_razz:

*Cowboy Hats Optional !

made this yesterday for GF myself and two mates they loved it and there is still leftovers !!, wanted to try it for ages after seeing it on Man Vs Food, not stricly the correct way to do it but good for us Brits that dont have such great weather and use of a BBQ.
rec_barbecuepulledpork_M.jpg

I stumbled across this offer when ordering some pork shoulder & booze. (£15 off £50 worth of goods + delivery, for first timers)

http://www.tesco.com/1stshop/

i like it another coke recipe

have you tried cooking gammon in the oven and covering it with coke (i mean a gammon joint then keep topping it up as it cooks)

that takes all the saltiness away from it

the wife's known about the coke trick with a roast for years from working in pro kitchens
the other tip she gave me was using lemonade for cooking carrots et all
makes them sweeter, or chuck some sugar in the water

made this yesterday, just scoffed a load for tea

yummy yum yum!!

cheers sunbury

sent the recipe to my ma who doesn't have a slow cooker, what temp is the equivilant for a conventional oven?

antdad said:
Buy her one you tight git, then she can cook overnight.

Yes they're not particularly expensive for what you get. We've got one of these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Morphy-Richards-48715A-Cooker-Stainless/dp/B0000C6WH1/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332274711&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Morphy-Richards-48710-Cooker-Stainless/dp/B0000C6XOJ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1332274711&sr=8-2

Looks like the larger one is actually cheaper than the smaller one.

Sounds very nice. We do hog roasts for farmers markets, takes about 12 hours to cook a full pig or wild boar in the machine and it just falls apart like that, very tasty!!

Back
Top Bottom