DR Harris Unscented After Shave Milk Dispenser

This is what it is claimed to be:

100 ml glass pump dispenser bottle

A white, dense milky lotion to smooth on skin which is chapped or suffering from razor burn. Contains a natural mild antiseptic, does not sting and is very soothing. Useful if the skin is dry as the milk is moisturising. Non-spirit based, fragrance-free and a genuine best seller.

Well, I can see why it is a best seller. It was recommended to me by Robert at TGS. I was not particularly looking for something which assisted chapped/burned skin. I wanted something which would not clash with any additional scent I may wish to use, would be an effective moisturiser and leave my skin soft but not greasy. It does all those things. Although unscented it has a pleasant aroma that I find impossible to describe — perhaps it's what milk smells like! In the past my wife bought my after shave — she wouldn't dream of spending as little as the £19 this cost me. And yet I can say with confidence none have done a better job than this. I am well and truly a DR Harris fan from now on.

Attachments

• DSC_1267.jpg
    360 bytes · Views: 622
get thee behind me!!!

I am too tempted to buy this, nice review. I think the simple styling of the DRH range is perfect.The glass bottles look great.

I got the bigger bottle without the pump from a forum member for a bit less than the retail price like many I had just not got around to trying it. I don't get a lot of irritation so didn't feel the need for this product. However having used it for a few months I would say there is no product that makes my skin feel the way this stuff does. I do want the pump dispenser for ease of use and will buy that when the bottle I have runs out. It replaced Proraso balm in my line up.

It is excellent if you do have some irritation but some days I use it just because it is so good as a general moisturiser.

Confession: I have ordered the Harris Cucumbers & Roses Milk moisturiser to apply my theory that all I need is Alum plus moisturiser. Probably not much different but at least I will have plenty of DR H to keep me going for a while.

IanM said:
I have some D.R. Harris Milk in the same package as the photograph, but it's far from unscented. It smells of roses. Good stuff though.

Ian

You are absolutely right! What an idiot am I. That smell IS of roses. Quite distinctive now I think of it, having just given it a good sniff! But it's a delightful smell.

I went back and looked because I thought there was another unscented one, it is the exact same one with the same smell. For something that is unscented it does have a distinct smell, either way it's all good.

This really is a good product, effective and, once you know you like it it is not too expensive if you buy the larger bottles.

There is a defineite scent to it. But I suppose 'unscented' means no identifiable perfume is added. All sorts of products contain some perfume, probably to mask something in the active ingredients.

But the DR Harris scent does not linger or interfere with cologne or EDT.

And I too love the packaging of DR Harris products......(and Trumpers, and Taylors)

That's a relief! Bit worrying when someone spends good money on something you really like - because these things are really just a matter of personal preference. I still love this stuff - I use it regularly and alternate it with the Cucumber and Roses Milk moisturiser. Rarely use Alum now. Perhaps my technique has improved because I don't miss it.

Hello Fido,

How do you find the Cucumber and roses moisturiser vs the aftershave milk? I'm asking as I require something a little more moisturising than the aftershave milk (dry skin).

Regards,
Jason

Back
Top Bottom