DR Harris soaps...a forgotten champion?

I haven't seen much about DR Harris soaps (or maybe looked in the wrong places)...but I feel they are under-rated by many.
I only have the 'Arlington' and safe to say it's not 'glitzy'.
No fancy labels, nothing flashy, no strong scent that lasts all day...but it's as tough as old boots (in a nice way), and lathers like a champ.
I have been trying to wear a puck down so I can justify getting 'another' soap (yes Dear), and it's actually hard work.
Using it each morning, bowl lathering and making heaps of lather with my 28mm APShaveCo Synbad, or 26mm Yaqi Rainbow Pony knot.
It's been weeks and I can sort of see a wee bit of wear happening.
I had worn it down to about 1/2 a tub over periodic use in the last year but it seems to have taken on a life of it's own and is now resisting my efforts to kill it.
It's had a 'Jolly good thrashing' but still seems to be at the same level in the tub.
I guess a boar would sort it out, but I'm a confirmed synthetic user now.
Anyway, if someone wanted a good soap that didn't break the bank then the DR Harris 'Arlington' seems like a safe bet.
It's sure to win an economy award for it's lasting ability, and it's no slouch in the lather stakes either.
Haven't tried any other DR Harris soaps but I guess that they are all the same base...just different scent profile?

Back
Top Bottom