Dove shaving cream

PhilD said:
Is it tallow and lanolin free?

Yes:

Dove said:
Aqua, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Sodium Palmitate, Lauric Acid, PEG-14M, Parfum, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Isethionate, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Hydroxide, Zinc Oxide, Silica, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Alumina, BHT, DMDM Hydantoin, Sodium Benzoate, Methylisothiazolinone, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, CI 77891.

Hard to say what it is based on :huh: Think I'll be giving it a miss and going for something with less capital letters and numbers as ingredients.

Shemen Zait said:
The Mackem Shaver said:
I found it really difficult to get a decent lather from and most creams and soaps work fine for me, maybe I got a dud.

It's suppose to be 'low foaming formula' which I think they mean brushless, I had success with face lathering using a Body Shop synth brush, no good for bowl lathering tho.

This explains a lot. I couldn't get a decent lather in a bowl. I'll have a go at face lathering,

Ok, 3 shaves so far with this cream, so will give a small review.

Size: 200 ml
Price £2.30 in Superdrug at the moment.

This is definitely a brushless let's get this off the table, some like these some not, for me personally they works well as I can see more of what I am doing compare to foamy lather, it has a space in my rotation.

So you wet face, squirt enough for the first pass and massage to your face, I find it works better with hot water.

It is very slippery and don't dry quickly, the scent is... like...mmm.. it is very 'girly' kind of scent, pink barbie dolls comes to mind (Yes I should know, I have a little girl around me all day long:icon_razz:)

The shave is on par with the Boots brushless and I can easily get a DFS, you will need a squirt for each pass, in my case two.

Now the knack of this cream is how much moisture it leaves in your skin, it leaves tons of it , didn't need my Arco Nem cream after this, didn't even need a balm or AS.

The moisture last anything between 3 to 5 hours and the scent last a very long time as well, which is more of a character in the expensive creams from GFT, TOBS etc'

So all in all a good buy if you want to give your brush a rest, cheap as well.
Made by Unilever here in the UK.

I noticed this was on for £1.74 at boots today. I bought some when it was 3 for 2 the other week. Scent to me is almond/apple pip kind of smell.

Re: RE: Dove shaving cream

Shemen Zait said:
Ok, 3 shaves so far with this cream, so will give a small review.

Size: 200 ml
Price £2.30 in Superdrug at the moment.

This is definitely a brushless let's get this off the table, some like these some not, for me personally they works well as I can see more of what I am doing compare to foamy lather, it has a space in my rotation.

So you wet face, squirt enough for the first pass and massage to your face, I find it works better with hot water.

It is very slippery and don't dry quickly, the scent is... like...mmm.. it is very 'girly' kind of scent, pink barbie dolls comes to mind (Yes I should know, I have a little girl around me all day long:icon_razz:)

The shave is on par with the Boots brushless and I can easily get a DFS, you will need a squirt for each pass, in my case two.

Now the knack of this cream is how much moisture it leaves in your skin, it leaves tons of it , didn't need my Arco Nem cream after this, didn't even need a balm or AS.

The moisture last anything between 3 to 5 hours and the scent last a very long time as well, which is more of a character in the expensive creams from GFT, TOBS etc'

So all in all a good buy if you want to give your brush a rest, cheap as well.
Made by Unilever here in the UK.
It is available in Canada, but I got out in a PIF from a nice feels in Ireland. I face lather with a brush and it gives me lots of slick lather. It works well for me.

What a brilliant cream this is! Load a brush, wet the face, easily work up a dense lather and hey presto! I got the result the name Dove suggests I should a dense lather, plenty of slick, plenty of slide resulting in a lovely shave I'm still looking for the perfect blade but it will be high on the sharpness list - currently using a NOS Wilkie but suspect a Feather will do even better as there is good cushioning. This cream has gone into my Top Cream List - fantastic stuff. I use softened water, remember.

Does it not say brush or brushless, or words to that effect, on the container? I don't like brushless - especially when they lather and only one way to find that out.

I agree with Bechet, this cream should be used as intended, ie face lather only. I don't do bowl but I did try it in a mug and it's too thin like that.
It is not described as brushless but a low foaming formula.
As a face latherer it is quiet exceptional considering it's leaving the face moist even more than MWF.

And so cheap as well.

I think that as much as I don't like big multinationals like Unilever, they sure know how to nock out a quality product.

When I use it without the brush i get the best gliding but with the brush it's almost as good.

Back
Top Bottom