Dorco DE blades

Two types I know of: older ST 300 (blue and white pack with pic of blade on front, might be marked new but have since been superseded by...)
St301: white packaging with black logo. Rebranded for sainsbury's and superdrug.
The st 300 are blunt and tuggy (although N Architect seems to like them). The 301s are quite sharp and smooth but don't last long - 2 shaves as opposed to 3 or 4 from others, at least for me.
All very cheap.

Hi Fido,

I've used 1 pack of 10 301s, bought from Sainsbury's. For me they were a 1 good shave blade (nice and smooth), didn't cut it (pretty much literally) for the 2nd shave. As such I wouldn't buy again unless I found myself short of blades and they were the only option. But then I've yet to find a blade that I can get more than 2 good shaves from in my EJ.

I was able to get 300s in Iraq from Koreans, they were ok in a pinch! I would not buy more than a box(10). By the way they are 1.10 US. Cheapest DE I have found in a shop here.

Fido said:
Thanks for the feedback. Dorco's extravagant claims of comparability with the "best" around at a much lower price don't seem justified.

I think those claims are in relation to their cartridge razors compared to the Gillette or WS alternative. They're the products I've seen included in such articles anyway.

I thought they were great when I got them from the supermarket but then got PIf'd Red Personnas, Astra's and Perma-Sharp's which are all in a different league. You don't know something's better until you know it's better.

I've still got them if you'd like to try them.

Back
Top Bottom