Don't wish your life away.

I have three grown up daughters, all married. The last one flew the nest 18 years ago. Such peace followed! After all the ups and downs of family life it was good for my wife and I to have time to ourselves. Two grandchildren arrived in the USA and then our two daughters in England each had a child about 4 years ago.

For the first time, our grandson Zeb - 4 next month, stayed with us for four days while his parents went to Madrid. We were apprehensive about looking after him - we rarely even get calls for baby sitting duties.

It was four days of pure joy. The little fella settled in quickly and we had a lot of fun. No need for tellings off or tantrums of any kind. We took him home yesterday. On our return, the house seemed empty. We both missed him.

So when the kids play up next, and it's mayhem all around. Remember one day, they will be gone. Enjoy while you can, and don't wish your life away.

I completely agree.

My two eldest kids (18 & 16) don't speak to me anymore after a bust-up over exam results, so things are looking bleak for baby-sitting any grandkids but me and my youngest (10) still manage to do tons of stuff together.

We go golfing, we go fishing, we go swimming 3 times a week, we go out for a nice meal a couple of times a week and try to get to the cinema every other week. I even let him pursuade me into helping him on his latest "blow the shit out of everything" xBox game.

I've told him "As long as you keep making us laugh, you can keep on living with us".

Too true Fido. We've got a long time to go till ours leave home, but I'm sure the time will fly by. We're both hoping that they choose to live nearby so that we still get to see them regularly.

Pig Cat said:
We're both hoping that they choose to live nearby so that we still get to see them regularly.

There is one sure fire way to ensure you drive them away and that is to be dependent and needy. On them that is....

DNA is a drug like any other.

Fido said:
I have three grown up daughters, all married. The last one flew the nest 18 years ago. Such peace followed! After all the ups and downs of family life it was good for my wife and I to have time to ourselves. Two grandchildren arrived in the USA and then our two daughters in England each had a child about 4 years ago.

For the first time, our grandson Zeb - 4 next month, stayed with us for four days while his parents went to Madrid. We were apprehensive about looking after him - we rarely even get calls for baby sitting duties.

It was four days of pure joy. The little fella settled in quickly and we had a lot of fun. No need for tellings off or tantrums of any kind. We took him home yesterday. On our return, the house seemed empty. We both missed him.

So when the kids play up next, and it's mayhem all around. Remember one day, they will be gone. Enjoy while you can, and don't wish your life away.

I try to tell myselff that now and then, becuase its true words Peter. We´re having kids at home, but they´re getting bigger every day and are a joy ... most of the times :lol:

Back
Top Bottom