Doing anything unusual this Christmas?

Anyone doing anything a bit different this Christmas? We're planning the usual dinner and telly affair, but we always have duck, rather than turkey or chicken etc. A fellow at work is going on a cruise with his wife to the West Indies. Sounds fantastic but the only thing that would put me off is the semi-formal dress code applied at all times. Sports jacket and shirt seem to be the order of the day, and shorts and so on are out of the question.

This will be my first Christmas off in 7 years. My mum and dad are sodding off to my brothers in the states again as usual, so fancy doing something different.
We have decided to go with slow cooked Minty lamb shanks With roasted veg on a bed of mash. Followed by a summer fruits pudding. :lol:

Sorry to disappoint but we'll be having turkey and all the trimmings. We did do goose three years ago but there were only five of us eating. This year there will be thirteen. We'll be having a brunch of a kind of Eggs Benedict with home-baked ham.

Once, many years ago, I was living in Nottingham and on my own on Christmas Day. I think I'd probably cooked egg and chips for lunch. Then later that afternoon I had a surprise visit from two mates who'd travelled all the way from Scarborough. We found an Indian Takeaway that was open and had curry that evening.

Pig Cat said:
Once, many years ago, I was living in Nottingham and on my own on Christmas Day. I think I'd probably cooked egg and chips for lunch. Then later that afternoon I had a surprise visit from two mates who'd travelled all the way from Scarborough. We found a horse that was nearby and had slurry that evening.

:roll: typical

For dinner on Christmas day we are having some steaks from my local butcher, cooked by my good self. I will get a small Turkey for somewhere between Christmas and New year though.

hando said:
Pig Cat said:
Once, many years ago, I was living in Nottingham and on my own on Christmas Day. I think I'd probably cooked egg and chips for lunch. Then later that afternoon I had a surprise visit from two mates who'd travelled all the way from Scarborough. We found a horse that was nearby and had slurry that evening.

:roll: typical

:lol:

For the first time in 45 years, spending it with my wife alone. It's after a hectic build up seeing wider family and friends and being descended upon by two daughters and families on Boxing day for a few days. So Christmas day will be a quiet interlude this year.

I'm looking forward to it.

Day shift 22nd & 23rd, nights 24th & 25th, day off 26th, back on days 27th & 28th, off 29th, days 30th & 31st, nights 1st & 2nd Jan. Christmas, what Christmas?????????

Back
Top Bottom