Distilled water

The distilled water from appliances may be fit for use in car batteries and irons but I doubt it's potable, happy to be proved wrong though.

Last edited:
I have my dad's old grappa still somewhere or I could just set the coffee machine's steam wand to still?

Last edited:
If you have a pet shop near you that stocks marine fish they will usually be able to supply reverse osmosis filtered water for a quid or so to fill whatever container you supply.
RO water should be fine. I used to keep a big marine tank & had the kit to generate RO water, we had a Dogue de Bordeaux with a skin problem (Hugo, now sadly gone). He had a weekly bath in RO with a prescribed oatmeal shampoo & it worked wonders. A hypoallergenic food helped too, brands that worked for him were Autarky & also Burns
Jg

If you have a pet shop near you that stocks marine fish they will usually be able to supply reverse osmosis filtered water for a quid or so to fill whatever container you supply.
RO water should be fine. I used to keep a big marine tank & had the kit to generate RO water, we had a Dogue de Bordeaux with a skin problem (Hugo, now sadly gone). He had a weekly bath in RO with a prescribed oatmeal shampoo & it worked wonders. A hypoallergenic food helped too, brands that worked for him were Autarky & also Burns
Jg
yup, agreed. You can even go the way of a cheap RO unit on a designated tap, if you are in it for the long haul. Once installed it'll be easier then having to go the shops weekly

If RO does the trick, a 2 filter kit from ebay will be less than £40. Ro-man where good if they are still trading.
I hope it works for the little one.
Jg

Condensate from appliances contains all the dissolved crud from atmosphere - definitely not potable. Ships just run it overboard until they are two hundred miles from a coast.

As a cheaper option to distilled water, Tony, how about soft bottled water from Scotland or Wales - check out Supermarket's Own brands?

Indeed...that's certainly a possibility Carl, I've found some bottled distilled mineral water for consumption trouble is the buggers usually put stuff back in after they've cleaned it so they can call it mineral water.

Anyhow thanks for offer/suggestions chaps, I've order some now as per Hunny's suggestion from a lab...10 litres at £1.40/litre delivered, food grade distilled.

Boy I was getting the sweats when I could only find stuff around my usual wine budget of £2.80/litre.

Attachments

• C2a.jpg
    C2a.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
From the thumbnail I thought he had some sort of growth on his chops caused by drinking normal water....
My mutt is alergic to grass ffs. The cone is a regular occurrence here too.

Attachments

• IMG-20151129-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20151129-WA0000.jpg
    334.4 KB · Views: 24
You can get a big saucepan of water, float the biggest bowl you have in it, invert the (very clean) lid and leave it on simmer for a few hours. Putting ice cubes on the inverted lid will speed up the process. Slow process, but might give you enough to try out to see if it helps, before investing in more expensive solutions.

From the thumbnail I thought he had some sort of growth on his chops caused by drinking normal water....
My mutt is alergic to grass ffs. The cone is a regular occurrence here too.

Ha...my mutt is bezzy mates with a white cockerpoo, the dumby is not drinking the posh water though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom