Displaying my 'Sunday Best' razors

Nice collection - I'd be shot if I tried to take up an entire shelf with this!

And it's good to see the TV Rocket being a "best" for you as well.

Nice collection Tall_Paul. Not very surprising that you've been "approached" about the Gold Aristocrat DeLuxe as it is a rare and elusive set. The fact that the most recent one that popped up in ebay UK was pulled down by the seller adds to the "want" of some collectors!

Lovely stuff indeed! It's be amazing just to know what some of them shaved like - tha's a lucky man, owd lad. ;)

I think in the interests of the forum and it' s members, you should be popping that Darwin up for a pass around Paul.

Can I be first on the list, I will PM my PO box number......... ;-)

Tall_Paul said:
My wife recently bought a new (and very expensive) wardrobe.

So them's your Sunday go to meetin razors eh? You got a few juicy little darlins in that mix.

Now I may be wrong, but that's just a small part of your overall collection. Seems like there's a few less magnificent ones I mighta sent you that are missing in the pic. Heh, since they're Aristos I don't believe you could have flipped em.

Speaking of that, I see you changed your 'by line' to remove the Aristo reference. *Cough, I guess that means you aren't in the market for those anymore......

Martin

Hairsuite said:
I think in the interests of the forum and it' s members, you should be popping that Darwin up for a pass around Paul.

This is an excellent idea! I'm surprised Paul didn't think of that himself. Maybe antdad would send you out his Eclipse to test drive as well. Yes, I'm sure he would, but just in case I will volunteer him to do that. Possibly he will send you some bread with the razor.

Martin

dodgy said:
Tall_Paul said:
My wife recently bought a new (and very expensive) wardrobe.

So them's your Sunday go to meetin razors eh? You got a few juicy little darlins in that mix.

Now I may be wrong, but that's just a small part of your overall collection. Seems like there's a few less magnificent ones I mighta sent you that are missing in the pic. Heh, since they're Aristos I don't believe you could have flipped em.

Speaking of that, I see you changed your 'by line' to remove the Aristo reference. *Cough, I guess that means you aren't in the market for those anymore......

Martin

Hairsuite said:

This is an excellent idea! I'm surprised Paul didn't think of that himself. Maybe antdad would send you out his Eclipse to test drive as well. Yes, I'm sure he would, but just in case I will volunteer him to do that. Possibly he will send you some bread with the razor.

Martin

I still have the 34 and the President Marty, don't you worry about that. Shaving with your Prez currently as it happens.

I could possibly squeeze in a few more Aristos, but unless I get some stonking deals on Fleabay the ones I have left to get are very rare and will be snapped up for vast fortunes by either Achim or your fellow damn Yankees.

Nice idea about the Darwin let me give it some thought (cough).

flip-68 said:
oooh! a Gillette ABC Pocket Edition 'floral'

how does that perform?

Better than any of the other Olds I have. It's silver plated too.

It is truly a beautiful thing. It grieves me immensely that I can't walk into a shop and buy a new razor like it.

IMAG0230.jpg

IMAG0232.jpg

Nice collection Paul, my own one is being culled as we speak, some of them I'm sad to see going, but unfortunatly other priorities seem to have taken over ;)

The one great advantage of a collection like this, it's very unlikely to depreciate over time, so it's not like pokemon cards or stuff like that ;)

M.

Back
Top Bottom