Diamond Jubilee

You don't have to watch it. I saw about 10 minutes of the awful 'flotilla' and about half an hour of the concert. The only other thing which alerts me to the fact that something is going on is the bunting and flags in the village. Remember the Euro championships start tonight so you can fill that gap to the Olympics by bemoaning about the amount of coverage that gets too.

There have been no flags around here, and I haven't seen any bunting. I don't think Mancunians even know how to bunt.

I could do with a twitter client that filters things out by hashtag, though, since I really don't care about the football (any more than I did about the jubilee, or eurovision for that matter). Still, I can achieve much the same effect by just skimming over it :).

Nary a frame of the wedding, song contest, the voice, jubillee, its concert, euro-soccer (has that started yet?) have I watched! But I still have to pay my license fees! Republicans and Grumpy Old Men should get a rebate - which is two rebates!

Dahlias! I sit and watch my dahlias grow - which I can do from my kitchen window in bad weather. And worry about the pot holes, of course.

Fido said:
Best to stay indoors, TV and radio off and no newspapers. Then just enjoy what turns you on. There must be something?

Erm, to my eternal shame, I have been really enjoying watching the south of England experiencing just a tad of the torrential rain & minor flooding which rates nary a mention on national media when it occurs elsewhere in these sainted isles.

And I shall, of course, console myself for this evening being the last in the current series of "Have I Got News for You" by dreaming alternately of Victoria Coren on this evenings show and my mental image of Brother Bechet's au pair.

JohnnyO. \:blush:

SIX PAGES for something that people don't care about?

That's not too bad.

Perhaps if people didn't keep banging on and on and on about how much they don't like it ....?

Well just to be different,I enjoyed the Jubilee celebrations..I enjoyed the coverage of the Royal family, and the documentaries of Royal castles..even though the BBC coverage of the Jubilee event wasn't particularly good.....

I hate football..and popular sports,( Cricket,Tennis ) and dread the start of the endless coverage of the Olympics, that I'm sure will be thrust upon us..........Like it or not.

I should be happy Chicago did not get the next Olympics? Will not get a Super Bowl, and Obama is rarely ever home. NATO confrence was bad enough!

I only watched about 30 mins then the kids started, and the kids channel went on.

Went window shopping on the iPad and got some goodies and restrung my guitar, shame I missed 95% of it ;-)

Back
Top Bottom