Desert Island Brushes

Parwin said:
At the risk of being branded the odd one out or a cheap sod or both, my favourite
brush at the moment is a Wilkingsons cheapo from ASDA. Cost a whole £1.58.

Hmm, I've a feeling there are different Wilkinson's brushes out there. I've had one for about six months, and it's great. I believe it to be boar hair. It lathers great, has a decent backbone to pick up soap and isn't too scratchy on the face.

I bought another one recently (again listed as "pure bristle") and it's awful. Definitely synthetic, thin, needly and won't lather well at all.

Trouble is, one was in a blue pack and one a green, and I can't remember which...
Edit - I think the recent one was in a green pack (without the three stars on it)... would welcome any confirmation!

fatboyslimfast said:
Parwin said:
At the risk of being branded the odd one out or a cheap sod or both, my favourite
maone for about six months, and it's great. I believe it to be boar hair. It lathers great, has a decent backbone to pick up soap and isn't too scratchy on the face.

I bought another one recently (again listed as "pure bristle") and it's awful. Definitely synthetic, thin, needly and won't lather well at all.

Trouble is, one was in a blue pack and one a green, and I can't remember which...
Edit - I think the recent one was in a green pack (without the three stars on it)... would welcome any confirmation!

I spoke to Wilkinson, and they confirmed that they now only make synthetic brushes.

chrisbell said:
fatboyslimfast said:
Parwin said:
maone for about six months, and it's great. I believe it to be boar hair. It lathers great, has a decent backbone to pick up soap and isn't too scratchy on the face.

I spoke to Wilkinson, and they confirmed that they now only make synthetic brushes.

Something you may find interesting, in France they sell Badger ones in the supermarkets.

Dipesh said:
chrisbell said:
fatboyslimfast said:
Parwin said:

Something you may find interesting, in France they sell Badger ones in the supermarkets.

Interesting thanks Dipesh - perhaps they feel that animal-hair shaving brushes won't sell in the UK.

Back
Top Bottom