Decent bespoke soaps available in the UK?

Can anyone recommend soaps from nannys or scent from heaven? Any other good UK manufacturers as well? I've just received three tins of Mikes Natural Soaps from the US. Soaps were $39, shipping $25 and also got hit for $20 customs. Worked out to be an expensive project. Think I might stay local next time.

I'd recommend our own Professor Blightys soaps. They lather magnificently and smell great. You can PM him here or get him on eBay. His universal balsam is amazing too.

Martin (Blighty) does miracles scent'-wise, worth trying at the price. Nanny's stuff is also very decent. Depends on a batch though - hand made all natural stuff can't ensure same level of consistency as mass-produced stuff. Again - worth the chance at the price.

Al H said:
I haven't used nannys but two SFH soaps rocked up today, great smells and test lather was thick and creamy

Prices are good at £2.50 a puck!

NNathwani said:
I'd recommend our own Professor Blightys soaps. They lather magnificently and smell great. You can PM him here or get him on eBay. His universal balsam is amazing too.

Helveticum said:
Martin (Blighty) does miracles scent'-wise, worth trying at the price. Nanny's stuff is also very decent. Depends on a batch though - hand made all natural stuff can't ensure same level of consistency as mass-produced stuff. Again - worth the chance at the price.

I'll have to check Blighty out, thanks.

Adyf, I'll vouch for any of Nannys stuff, buy one of her soaps and if not completely satisfied, I personally will give you your money back. I used her soaps exclusively (body and shaving) for month and my skin never felt better.Some of the shaving soaps might take a little more work but they are worth it in my opinion.

daz said:
Adyf, I'll vouch for any of Nannys stuff, buy one of her soaps and if not completely satisfied, I personally will give you your money back. I used her soaps exclusively (body and shaving) for month and my skin never felt better.Some of the shaving soaps might take a little more work but they are worth it in my opinion.

Thanks for the recommendation daz.

I'm a fan of Nannys soaps. You need to transfer them to a larger tub really as the original tubs are a bit small to swirl a brush in. I believe wider tubs will soon be supplied. Excellent lather and scents.

That's probably why I had a difficulty with them LTB. I use a different brush on them now which works much better, still takes a bit of work but the scent and the way it treats my skin is worth the effort. I shall try a larger tub tomorrow though as I have a couple spare.

Another vote for blighty here.

I really can't get over how nice his soaps are, and he really understands the container size issue too.
You get loads for your money too.
And he will whip up pretty much any fragrance you ask for.

cruciate said:
Another vote for blighty here.

I really can't get over how nice his soaps are, and he really understands the container size issue too.
You get loads for your money too.
And he will whip up pretty much any fragrance you ask for.

So you can ask for what you would like? Bay rum, menthol etc?

He has some standard fragrances, I'll have a look later and find the post where he lists them all.
But my friend asked him for a coal tar fragrance and he managed to make one up. I'm sure if you message him, he'll let you know what he can do.

adyf said:
Can anyone recommend soaps from nannys or scent from heaven? Any other good UK manufacturers as well? I've just received three tins of Mikes Natural Soaps from the US. Soaps were $39, shipping $25 and also got hit for $20 customs. Worked out to be an expensive project. Think I might stay local next time.

At least the good thing about Mikes is it lasts a real long time. I've had a tin for 6 months using it 2/3 times a week and it hasn't moved an inch

Back
Top Bottom