December 2016 acquisitions

Got my Xmas presents from Shave Lounge:
  • ATT SE1
  • Kai Captain blades
  • Feather Pro Super blades
  • Marvis Amarelli Liquorice Mint Toothpaste
All have to go back in the box until Xmas though.

Acquire_20161204-3_zpskoz3nngw.jpg

Acquire_20161204-1_zpsbx4jw7qk.jpg

Also went to the Grassington "Dickensian" Xmas market and saw this little locally made pottery pot and thought it idea for soaking my brush while I take a shower.

Acquire_20161204-2_zpsqbfkyx9b.jpg

Great presents!....The pot looks ideal for the job.

I'd taken the train to work today and had an early finish so decided to stop off in Lewisham for a short while (not normally recommend but they have a huge three floor TKMaxx :D )

I walked through the shopping centre and saw a Tiger shop. Excellent for stocking type pressies so I popped in and this is what I found

I opened the lid of the box to see what sort of dungy cartridge razor it was and found a genuine DE one!!!

I'm guessing the brush is boar bristle and although it's done quite a bit of shedding during a good wash it doesn't smell unpleasant at all. I'll give it all a go in the next couple of days.

Six quid the set!!!!

Shave den items bought in the last few weeks...

1. Old test tube rack as a razor stand...I cut out the larger tube holes at each end to fit brushes.
2. Vintage Ever Ready blade bin...seen very few of these around nowadays so I snapped this one up for a few quid.
3. Tri-corned glass bowl on copper base - not designed for this purpose but it makes an excellent brush pot!

shave.jpg

Shave den items bought in the last few weeks...

1. Old test tube rack as a razor stand...I cut out the larger tube holes at each end to fit brushes.
2. Vintage Ever Ready blade bin...seen very few of these around nowadays so I snapped this one up for a few quid.
3. Tri-corned glass bowl on copper base - not designed for this purpose but it makes an excellent brush pot!

View attachment 22523
Very nice.
I've been looking at test tube holders recently.
I was a bit put off by two of the holes being bigger but that is a fantastic idea.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom