DE Shaving Tips - Instructional Video

Hi guys! This is the second in a series of videos we've been putting out covering a few different aspects of traditional wet shaving. We've tried to keep them quick and useful. This one covers shaving with a double edge razor and some related technique tips - pressure, direction, and angle amongst others. There's even an Aussie accent to keep you amused. ;) Also viewable in HD.

Looking forward to your feedback and hope you get some value out of it. If there's any interest I'll keep you posted with them as they go up.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjtjeUcoxkg&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Hi,

I found your illustration of angle really helpful as I hadn't been able to visualise it before. Could this be the reason why we get on with some razor over others? This led me to think about adjustables, and what is actually being adjusted. Does the adjustment effect the blade exposure or is the blade angle adjusted, thereby making the right angle easier to find?

Much to learn.

Cheers

Good video, in particular the blade angle graphic. A couple of points I'd disagree on, though - I doubt that WTG for most men on the neck is upwards, as it seems to be usually either downwards or across, and I'd advise against skin stretching with the other hand unless necessary to stop the skin in front of the blade from creasing. Muscular contortions or the face are usually enough.

Back
Top Bottom