DE Head Shaving

I know there have been previous threads like this but couldn't find any to comment on...
Just shaved my head for the first time using a DE. Did a quick once over with a disposable and then thought, why not have a go. Dug out my EJ89 and stuck a Supermax Blue Diamond in it hoping this would be a nice mild combo. Don't know what I was worrying about all this time, it's as easy as with the disposable. There's no way my angles etc could have been too great using both hands, right way up, upside down, round the back without being able to see etc. Easy enough though and no cuts or anything. Might do it again.

I do mine once a week. I use a Digress long handle set to 7-8, that being clocked past + by 1 one 2 numbers.

The only way and it mows through hair like a hot knife through butter. The Futur is another good one but I found it a touch difficult around the ears so I favour the digress long handled.

I shave my head 2-3 times a week with a headblade atx. I did try to do it with my EJde89 but seemed like it was taking forever. Got a 37c in the post today so might give it a go with that one day this week if I'm feeling brave enough.

bellzy said:
I shave my head 2-3 times a week with a headblade atx. I did try to do it with my EJde89 but seemed like it was taking forever. Got a 37c in the post today so might give it a go with that one day this week if I'm feeling brave enough.

How do you get on with the headblade? I heard mixed things about them and the blades they take. I'm always looking at them though and thinking...should I?

I've tried disposables and Gillettes but the headblade gives me by far the best shave. I only go ATG and I'm bbs in under 5 mins. The blades are about £13 for 4 but they last an absolute age. I probably get 30 shaves from one blade. If you decide to go for it make sure you get the atx because the others are pretty lethal apparently.

Been shaving my head 3 times a week (minimum) for over 20 years and have used everything from a straight razor to Imac.

Nothing, and I do mean nothing beats the latest cartridge systems (Wilkinson Sword / Gillette) and luminous blue gel.

Of course, you crazy hobby shavers will have none of that, so you can all do whatever you like with your own heads.

I still be sitting here with a shiny dome, being totally not arsed.

Toodles x

Daily head shaver here.

I use whatever setup I've just shaved my face with... FatBoy, Toggle, Aristocrat etc. I have tried using straights and shavettes but didn't enjoy the experience. I used carts before DEs but found that the blades dulled quickly and pulled horribly. I will admit that my cart days were before I truly understood proper beard(hair) prep and I would simply throw whatever gel or foam I had on my dome and do a single ATG pass.

Even though my morning routine has filled out, I'm now I enjoy taking my time and my skin is in the best condition ever.

Honestly Chris, its not that hard to get BBS on your dome, and if you're quite into wetshaving as many are, then you'll enjoy the experience buddy.

(Never used a head blade system)

Hair is a thing of the past for me. What little I have gets a Wahl trim to a quarter inch. Get's a bit chilly sometimes in winter but otherwise much more comfortable than I ever felt in my younger days with shoulder length hair. But a DE is getting nowhere near the top of my head.

I mostly shave daily and do my head at the same time using whatever I'm using on my face. I'm favouring my ATT open combs at the moment.

I found cartridges clogged something awful when head shaving, that was a large part of what started me looking into DEs.

I have just bought a King Of Shaves Hyperglide(Made in Britain) to do my bonce for the first time.Trim it down first with my trimmers.Very good it was too with some additional oil.I bought it mainly because I think it will be faster/easier than with my HD Rocket.Until 30/4/14 there is a 50% off code with free delivery for the Hyperglide on their Facebook page.Not connected just like to 'Buy British' where possible.

I am a user of the Headblade Original Razor & my dad has the Sport wheeled type, I use the adapter to install Gillette Sensor blades which are great as long as you shave every other day (to keep the hair out of my eyes:icon_razz:) I also use the HeadSlick cream which is a menthol delight and is slick; all-in-all a once learnt method produces a gleaming noggin!

I shave my head almost everyday, and I use a Hydro 5 cartridge razor for the job. When I got into DE shaving, I thought I'd give the head a go, I tried 2 times, first with a Wilkinson sword classic, and a EJDE89.
I wanted to getaway completely from carts, but found DE head shaving to be less than satisfactory.
Two problems I found where it took me far too long, (the water in the sink had gone cold) no use when I'm in a rush out the door to work in the morning.
Secondly the irritation was off the chart, so much so my head hurt 24 hours later.
I used Wilkinson Sword & Derby blades, (maybe I should have tried something else)
I hate paying for carts, but I'll admit they do a good job of head shaving. I look after them well with a razorpit before and after use, and baby oil on blades for storage. Makes them last longer.

Back
Top Bottom