DE Blade Packaging

Hope this hasn't been done before.

One of the many things I enjoy about DE shaving is the amazing, often retro, packaging that many of the blades come in.
There is plenty written on here about the best performing blades, but I thought it might be fun to see who has a favourite blade packaging.

To start the ball rolling i nominate ASCO with it's bright orange pack depicting the pyramids and the 'old school' font, all in upper case.[attachment=3868]

Remember it's not about how well the blades perform, just about the design of the packaging.

Attachments

• ascorange.jpg
    ascorange.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 32
Nice retro packaging, but shocking blades:

I liked the old French Gillettes, circa 1970 I think? This is one next to one of my own razors, I never shaved with one but the packaging is cool so I have a quite a few of them just because:

I quite like the boxes that Gillette Superthin come in, the lighter colour, I think they're the Vietnamese ones:

I actually really like the 7 o'clock yellow packaging too.

Never been a fan of Astras because the packaging is boring! I like this topic.

Silly I know, but I usually have a packet of Bolzano blades lying out beside my SE razor. Just because I like the "INOSSIDABILE" printed along the bottom line.
How pathetic is that !

JohnnyO. \:icon_razz:

I like all the different Treet packages, but I agree that the blades seldom live up to the name.
The French Gillette is superb!

Johnny. Bolzano is another design classic. INOSSIDABILE is such a good word you can almost hear Pavaroti singing it:icon_razz:

I like the inossidabile, too! Thought it was too weird to mention.

There are loads of vintage razor blade wrappers (literally thousands of different designs) but of the more modern ones I like the Shark and Tiger designs, and the current 7 o'clock's plain and simple approach.
The retro design is cool on the Sharks and Tigers, and the animal thing seems to work somehow too.
Something also appeals about the ultra-serious high tech approach of the bigger manufacturers in the seventies: something about how dated it looks now, if you know what I mean.

I'm going to have to vote for: RACER. The design is really retro or really camp. Not sure which?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322416061.501731.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322416061.501731.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 25
Well I'm a sucker for a good wildlife theme, so here are two of my favourite designs - Shark and Tiger. Especially the latter, look at that crazy big cat chomping down on the blade - priceless.

pb270948.jpg

I like the Shark packaging.

Gosh, those Racer are a bit camp. Less of a racer, more of a "chaser".

Seeing as it's had 2 mentions so far I guess I should post up my favourite current design:

Francorelli said:
Well I'm a sucker for a good wildlife theme, so here are two of my favourite designs - Shark and Tiger. Especially the latter, look at that crazy big cat chomping down on the blade - priceless.

In that case how about the Gillette Nacet with the crocodile being decapitated by a blade?[attachment=3870]

And yes, now you mention it the Racer package really is quite camp.

Attachments

• Gillette_NacetStaubkessBlades.jpg
    Gillette_NacetStaubkessBlades.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 29
Dandy Highwayman said:
Francorelli said:

In that case how about the Gillette Nacet with the crocodile being decapitated by a blade?

And yes, now you mention it the Racer package really is quite camp.

I've never seen the Nacets with the hapless croc before. Excellent!

Someone had to:

I actually really like Derby's packaging. They look like they should taste of spearmint. Instead they taste of draggy blunt metal. :icon_smile:

I also like Lord Cool, the ones with the little skiier on them.

It's interesting that razor blades sold in the high street come in blister packs with cardboard backing. Yet online blades come in the small cartons. I presume it is to do with health and safety, and theft.

Back
Top Bottom