D R Harris Soaps?

What do the different soaps smell like?

I know from a thread i made last year Almond doesnt smell of Almond.

What about the others?

- Almond - Earthy type scent, not like the cream or italian soft Soaps
- Arlington - Fresh
- Marlborough - Woody
- Lavender - Floral
- Windsor - Citrus, fresh

I'm not using my TOBS Jermyn St soap much, so i'm thinking of replacing it.

Will a D R Harris Puck fit in the TOBS wooden bowl without chopping it up? If not i'll get some more Ikea tins.

Thanks
Steve

EDIT: i've added what the 5 soaps smelt like to me, might help others. They are all quite mild scents compared to D R Harris creams.

I have Arlington in the Beech finish wooden bowl, am not sure if a puck will fit a TOBS shaving bowl, but I have put Crabtree and Evelyn soaps in Trumpers wooden shaving bowls before and they were a perfect fit. Arlington is a light citrus, lemon kind of fragrance, very fresh and classic, the soap also shaves very well. I have heard a few folk on TSR praise the Marlborough scent, although I have only ever had a sample of the cologne, which was nice enough, can't remeber the fragrance notes now though !

Just checked sizing. Harris fitted in the TOBs wooden bowl, but TOBs wouldn't fit in the Harris.

Both pucks are practically new...........

The official blurb on Windsor is 'Windsor is a fresh, complex fragrance starting with citrus overtones and maturing into a warm, leathery scent with notes of black pepper and vetyver.' I don't know too much about that, but to my nose it's just beautiful. My favourite scent, so much so I have most of the range, except the soap funnily enough, the aftershave milk works really well.
I'm not too keen on the Marlbourgh, there is not much scent there at all, I could not distinguish much difference between that and the almond soaps.

Scott.

thanks all, great news i can re-use the Jermyn St bowl :)

I think i may have to make a detour on the way back from work one night and visit a D R Harris shop and smell them all to decide.

If i dont take my bank card and only have a score on me, i should be ok? That's only 2 refills max

Going from the description's, i think Arlington might be one i like.

I had Arlington. It was a present from an old friend. I wanted to like the smell but I didn't. It smells of wet wood mixed with fag ash, as hunny says. Still, not as bad as the putrifying skunk corpse of Tabac.

I had a puck of end of the line arlington and I also have a puck of the genuine arlington. The fake smells of fern and a moist old age care home. The genuine smells fresh, refreshing and meadow like. NTS pick on someone your own size ;) Tabac in comparison smells like maple syrup mixed with imperial lather soap a truly wonderful experience

Funny how different smells appeal to different people. I use Marlborough aftershave virtually every day and love it. The woodiness is very appealing and I like the cooling hint of menthol in the background. I certainly prefer it to Arlington, which I think is a bit like flash bathroom cleaner.

I also like Marlborough cologne, in particular it's longevity. I like being able to smell my cologne, and not me, on these warmer days! I love Windsor, but it doesn't last long on my skin.

I just ordered a stick of Marlborough this morning. I've been using a puck of Windsor in standard rotation for several months. It has a very light scent which I barely detect when lathering... just a mildly pleasant scent. However, I placed it in a pre-used bowl that had an almond puck in there. I cleaned it well and even soaked Windsor EDT in it for a few days but the Windsor scent is so delicate I think it deserved a fresh bowl. Performance is great however.

Back
Top Bottom