Czech & speak sample pack

Tried the Dark Rose. Not a fan of most Rose smells but this one's very nice. The Saffron top note along with Agar wood masks the normal flowery scent of Rose. Might go for the full bhoona on this one. I'll see how it lasts.

My samples arrived a couple of days ago.
I've given both the rose scents and the lavender scent to my wife, all a bit to "flowery" for me, but I must say, I do like "Cuba".
I feel a Christmas treat coming on.....

By the way, if anyone on the thread isn't keen on the Frankincense and Myrrh and fancies selling it on or swapping for a Floris sample, could they PM me? I used mine up and think I liked it, but still can't make my mind up on whether to splash out the full £65!

I've just finished the Frankincense and I also am considering it. Tried the Cuba tonight. Not one for me, not quite as bad as the Mimosa but I'll definitely give it a miss.

majortom said:
I've just finished the Frankincense and I also am considering it. Tried the Cuba tonight. Not one for me, not quite as bad as the Mimosa but I'll definitely give it a miss.

I think we must have similar tastes! You've described my two least favourites there. One thing you have to say, the samples bag has real variety - something for everyone and also (guaranteed) something everyone will turn their nose up at!

majortom said:
Just tried the Mimosa tonight. Really awful and unfortunately long lasting!

My Sample pack came through the door today. So you got my attention with the awful claim. I gave it a smell and no, it smelt fairly pleasant, not quite my cup of tea, but oh no what's this... it's foul! It's like the air freshener my granny used to use in the 80s!

It says the fragrance unfolds to reveal an exquisite heady floral heart of mimosa jasmin and tiberose.

I'd say the fragrance unfolds like a rotting corpse covered in febreeze, to reveal a heady odour of badly fragranced hotel corridors, masking a bit of sick.

:)

Halk said:
majortom said:
Just tried the Mimosa tonight. Really awful and unfortunately long lasting!

My Sample pack came through the door today. So you got my attention with the awful claim. I gave it a smell and no, it smelt fairly pleasant, not quite my cup of tea, but oh no what's this... it's foul! It's like the air freshener my granny used to use in the 80s!

It says the fragrance unfolds to reveal an exquisite heady floral heart of mimosa jasmin and tiberose.

I'd say the fragrance unfolds like a rotting corpse covered in febreeze, to reveal a heady odour of badly fragranced hotel corridors, masking a bit of sick.

Yeah, it is a bit miffy. As an added bonus, it also hangs around for half a day with just a smidgeon applied. A fine top note of stale underpants :icon_sad:

I got the sample pack also, I like #88 a lot but unfortunately my wife doesn't. Its very resilient and sticks around a long time (on me anyway).

Damn, dilemma. Quite like the Paradise one as well but not enough to buy tbh.

Chunks

i just received my pack today and immediately loved the vertiver, sadly my wife has taken a strong disliking to it. :(

maybe i'll settle for a bottle of 88 for xmas ;)

I remember when the sample pack was free. I think they even sent me one small size of the No. 88 shaving soap... Couldn't fit it into anything of course as it 'spinned' when I tried to lather it. But it was a nice gesture.

Bechet45 said:
flip-68 said:
maybe i'll settle for a bottle of 88 for xmas ;)

May I draw your attention to this thread - http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/forum/thread-15740.html ?

Let's say £65 if you are going to keep it till Xmas.

thanks for the reminder - i'll wear this sample for bit to see how it works for me.

Back
Top Bottom