Cutlers Green.

Many people have identified this as a Llyn Idwal, I have identified as the grecian type. But it is uncharacteristic as the grecian type because the grecian types are typically a lot softer. The Stone that I own Is green under the microscope and the specs are blue black just like the cutlers green. It is way denser and heavier than any Llyn Idwal out there. I'd say its at at least 11k. This article mentions the cutlers green is very similar. I know in my heart 100% without a doubt the stone I have in my possession is the cutlers green stone. It is unlike anything else I have encountered. Even amongst the hundreds of Llyn idwals I have viewed nothing even comes close to the color and pattern. IT even has this mackerel ribbing in it that is symmetrical. I know people will argue for days that this is not it, But I know that it is. The more I dig the more it fits the description of it. Screenshot 2023-05-11 8.04.20 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-05-12 3.37.13 AM.png

If you're going to make a claim like that, you need to post better pictures, with outdoor light.

Edit: Not disagreeing with your claim, but your picture is terrible. In that light, it could be anything. Also a pic of it wet, and a pic with slurry would be great too!

Last edited:
It looks exactly like the Grecian hone in the bottom picture, from what I can see, and if the Cutler's Green was just a harder version of the Grecian hone, you would think they would describe it as such.

Visually, and under the microscope are two very different ways to describe a rock, and the description implies that the rock is "forest green with sparse sprinklings of lighter blue dots." This would indicate to me that the dots would be visually both blue, and lighter in color than the parent stone.

Honestly, your stone looks like a Grecian to me, a Llyn Idwal or even a Thuringian. There are speckled Thuringians that look like your rock, even if they are somewhat uncommon.
IMG_20230514_194026.jpg
Case in point. This is a hard, fairly coarse (for a Thuringian) speckled and spotted Thuringian. If it weren't for the bubbles of light green/yellow, and the feel of the stone, I would be tempted to call it a Grecian. I would even go so far as to say it matches the description of 'Cutler's Green' better than your stone, though in my opinion that would be quite a stretch of the imagination, as I expect 'cutler's green' would be a true green color, like Vermont Green, a stone that is actually visually a green color, not greyish green like yours appears to be, or mine is.

Still waiting on better pictures from you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom