Cuba

Has anyone else on here tried Cuba colognes?
They caught my eye as they come in cigar shaped bottles and reminiscent of the novelty bottles Avon used to produce.They come in various different colours to represent the fragrance.
I bought a pack of 4 x 30ml - one each of Red, Orange, Blue and Gold for £13 which puts them at the cheapo end of the market.
When I tried them I was pretty impressed at how good they smelled so I did a bit of research on Basenotes and found that that are quite highly rated.
They seen to be well made facsimiles of branded fragrances at a fraction of the cost.
Blue is described as being a cross between CKOne and Azzaro Chrome, Orange somewhere between Rochas Lui & Dunhill Desire, Red somewhere between Aramis Havana & Burberry's London and finally Gold is described as being very close to Le Male.
Unfortunately, being a bit of an old buffer I'm not familiar with any of these fragrances :) but for £13 I think they're a bit of a bargain.

Looked at amazon.com and they had the varity pack of Cuba for ~7.50$us. Makes down from 45$us. Yes, had to go for it. Delievery in 3-5days.

Bechet45 said:
So that's probably a good one to miss then?

Not necessarily Carl,

You gotta understand that frags are even more personal than razor blades. Yep, there's huge difference in what people think smell good and what doesn't. That means you need to huff em yourself......up close and personal like.

If you wanna go by the reviews, I'll include the Basenotes C&S 'Cuba' link. Almost three to one on the positive side, and some of those comments sound pretty interesting.

This fragrance thingy is another bottomless rabbit hole I hope to see you sliding down in your normal free fall mode......heh..

Martin

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26122170.html

Johnus said:
Looked at amazon.com and they had the varity pack of Cuba for ~7.50$us. Makes down from 45$us. Yes, had to go for it. Delievery in 3-5days.

Hey fellow Yankee Doodler;

So which member's description appealed to you? Was it the "cat piss" or "dog turds"? Maybe it was both.

Forget what the pretentious amateur creative writers say on Basenotes. The place is 95% populated by vacuous halfwits anyway.

Cuba (Czech & Speake) is a really nice scent.

I mean, would a company who sells £15,000 baths REALLY sell a perfume that smells like some people have described it?

No, I don't think so either.

Martin

http://www.basenotes.net/ID26122170.]

Hey fellow Yankee Doodler;

So which member's description appealed to you? Was it the "cat piss" or "dog turds"? Maybe it was both.

[/quote]

And this is from the guy who likes 'Drakkar Noir'! If I remember....

Nowt wrong with good old Drakkar :icon_razz:

Piss is still the first thing that comes to mind whilst sniffing C&S Cuba though:s

Oxford & Cambridge, Vetiver Vert and No:88 are definitely worth a punt though, especially the shave soaps.

Johnus said:

That is a real bargain John, I hope you enjoy them. IMO its worth $7.50 just for the novelty value of the bottles.

Back
Top Bottom