crib notes

Count of Undolpho said:
Cribbage is a fantastic game it is a good Solitaire, a heavenly 2 player, an ok 3 player and a rather fine 4 player game. If memory serves!
I spent 14 years without a TV in a bachelor pad. We used to play 2 pack Stop the Bus and Gin Rummy if there were 'many' of us - Great days.

Normally I like to play crib cut throat....everyone against each other. However, when I have a good partner I don't mind playing that way sometimes. Head to head's (two player) the best though.

Man, I played many thousands of Gin Rummy hands. Learned on 7 card Rummy when I was little, then went to 10 card and never looked back. I usta play call as well, which I actually prefer.

Then we'd play Hollywood Gin, which is scoring three games at once....great money game with paying double for getting skunked.

There was a guy named Stu Unger, who was the New York Gin Rummy champion when he was a teenager. He went on to being a top Hold Em player. A card genius who unfortunately had some unbeatable demons.

dodgy said:
Count of Undolpho said:
Cribbage is a fantastic game it is a good Solitaire, a heavenly 2 player, an ok 3 player and a rather fine 4 player game. If memory serves!
I spent 14 years without a TV in a bachelor pad. We used to play 2 pack Stop the Bus and Gin Rummy if there were 'many' of us - Great days.

Normally I like to play crib cut throat....everyone against each other. However, when I have a good partner I don't mind playing that way sometimes. Head to head's (two player) the best though.

Man, I played many thousands of Gin Rummy hands. Learned on 7 card Rummy when I was little, then went to 10 card and never looked back. I usta play call as well, which I actually prefer.

Then we'd play Hollywood Gin, which is scoring three games at once....great money game with paying double for getting skunked.

There was a guy named Stu Unger, who was the New York Gin Rummy champion when he was a teenager. He went on to being a top Hold Em player. A card genius who unfortunately had some unbeatable demons.

Thirteen card brag was about the only other game I've ever played for money. Gambling seems to attract those with personal demons part of it's nature I think. Most of the time we played for who made tea or went to the offy.

Back
Top Bottom