Creating lather.

After many years of creating lather I have moved on to the easiest method for me. I grate hard soap into the bottom of my shaving bowl. I fill it with water then empty it out. I soak my brush, shake out the water then whip the lather up in the bowl and gently paint it on. Hardly revolutionary but it works well for me. Even a small amount of grated hard soap lasts for weeks.

Attachments

• IMG_3309.jpeg
    IMG_3309.jpeg
    109.9 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
You Yanks and your pucks! It’s a cake, old boy. Just don’t eat it with a cup of tea….
I don't like either term personally, but have to call it something. I could call it a biscuit but you Brits Scots get that wrong too. :p

How about "HHAS"? (Hunk of Hard Ass Soap)

Oh, and that would be a cup of black coffee for me please. ;) My mother used to drink tea.

Mine gets "glued" down after a couple of uses from the soap getting wet.
I try to glue mine down. It mostly works unless I get a bit too carried away. I see @Fido’s sense in grating it especially if that’s what works for him. Lots of chaps used to grate their Palmolive sticks back when I first joined and if it works, we hardly need to be asked permission…:D

That reminds me, I love shave sticks. (Not cakes, not pucks and they ain’t no hunks either.)

I try to glue mine down. It mostly works unless I get a bit too carried away. I see @Fido’s sense in grating it especially if that’s what works for him. Lots of chaps used to grate their Palmolive sticks back when I first joined and if it works, we hardly need to be asked permission…:D

That reminds me, I love shave sticks. (Not cakes, not pucks and they ain’t no hunks either.)
Sacrilege i know but god forbid me
i grated down a stick of Arko.
i only done it as i had a nice dish to put it in
sorry Toby it won’t happen again lol

Sacrilege i know but god forbid me
i grated down a stick of Arko.
i only done it as i had a nice dish to put it in
sorry Toby it won’t happen again lol
If you mash the Arko stick in your hands a couple of times it get's to be like putty, and you can mash it down into your soap bowl pretty easy, that's how I use sticks. (y)

Reactions: PHR
Back
Top Bottom