Creams shelf life

Hi all,

I was wondering what the shelf life of a tub of TOBS cream is before you don't get the ultimate performance?

Reason being, ive just bought over the past few weeks 4 tubs, just wanted to know how long they last as it's a lot of shaving cream!

dipesh,I do recall asking mantic this in my early days and that was his response:

''There is a shelf life to creams but its measured in years. :) Actually creams in tubes (like the Proraso) hold up better than creams in tubs/jars because less air gets to it so it doesn't dehydrate as fast. But even if the cream has started to dry out you can often rehydrate it by adding a bit of water and stirring.''

I though this is why one of the creams will be ok.

My shaving shop is a paraben formula but the others are free of them.

Yep, I think so. It's something that makes the creams more fluid. I actually prefer the paraben formula as its a lot tougher.

Dipesh said:
Yep, I think so. It's something that makes the creams more fluid. I actually prefer the paraben formula as its a lot tougher.

Parabens are preservatives... they are present in such small quantities that they won't change the fluidity of the cream... that's not to say that there aren't other changes that aren't made along with the omitting of the parabens which make changes to the physical properties of the cream.

Back
Top Bottom