Crabtree West Indian Limes...Or Good Lime Cologne ???

Anyone know a site that sells this slightly cheaper ??

remember ordering some last year cheap but forget where i got it from :icon_sad::icon_sad:

or failing that, anyone know of a good lime aftershave / cologne that won't break the bank ? it's for a stocking filler this christmas...

unless anyone has a new one they want to sell ??

cheers

Steve

I like TOBS No. 74 Victorian Lime. I had a sniff at most of the other barbershop ones and they're all really just lime and nothing else to them.

I've always liked Truefitt and Hill's West Indian Limes. Very authentic, unique smell of lime. Not sure how it compares on price.

If you really want something cheap, get some traditional "Limon Kolonyasi" (literally 'lemon cologne') from your local Turkish grocers.

Having sampled the TOBS Victorian lime, I cannot recommend it highly enough. Zesty lime scent with a decent hint of woodiness. Combines perfectly and is classicly masculine. I will definitely have some of this sooner or later.

Taylor's #74 Victorian Limes.

I've tried Trumpers, Truefitt and Floris ... they had a "lime flavoured sweet / cordial" feel to them whereas Taylor's has none of that - just smells like a lime. After a couple of hours it dries down to an almost leather / woody scent.

A couple of suggestions:

Bath House Cuban Cedar & Lime Eau de Toilette. Costs just over £20 and you get a strong Lime scent mixed in with woods as the name suggests. Although the wood element increases as time goes on, the lime is always there working in harmony with the other elements and on my skin (somewhat oily) it lasts a good eight hours. It's a nice combination of fresh and rich, I think.

Lynx Twist Eau de Toilette. Er, yes, Lynx. Don't chuck me out of the forum yet, please. I picked it up in Tesco in Carmarthen for £7.99 out of curiosity. It's a lime scent that holds its quite natural limeness for a good four hours together with a vague woody note and turns into a skin-scent after that for a couple of hours more. To my surprise I'm rather fond of this; if I wear it at home, I find myself topping up the scent every few hours to keep the lime coming. As a stocking-filler, it might be worth consideration.

If you can wait for the Floris winter sale, their Limes cologne is lovely (if somewhat short lived). However, I've just read Vinnie's comments and would say that I haven't tested #74, so that sounds worth a bet.

Back
Top Bottom