Counting My Blades

I now have 1422 blades
They are in a couple of tin boxes, all neatly arranged in type order and order of preference.
I also have another smaller box for the caravan.
My wife has stopped me buying any more for now saying I am obsessed.
That said I have spent less on these than I would have done in about 12 months of Mach3 blade buying.

:lol: My wife has had me tidying up all morning as i had taken over the bathroom and bedroom...Was only when i started did i realise i think i have a problem,think i need to take a break or a divorce may be coming..2 sets of crayola drawers full with all sorts of stuff..1 drawer full of aftershaves/deodarants and a ultrosonic cleaner stuffed in bottom of wardrobe. :?

My name is notthestig and i am a shaveaholic.

I also have about the same amount of blades as the OP and got a load of aftershaves, shaving creams and shower gel for Xmas from my enabling family. I even looked at but some how resisted some more in tk maxx today, so i am recovering. I'm also doing a blade ban till march, but have already determined which ones i want and where to get them

Blades said:
You can always categorize them to days of the week!... :lol:

B

I think you're right blade,that's one way of doing it but in all fairness I'm so short of space,there's not a day when I wanna pick something up my cupboard without seeing something else falling on its arse :roll:

Yes Arrowhead managed to get one,bloody good so far got all the soap and gunk off a few old razors i had..Bit of fairy washing liquid in and it was great..well worth 16 quid. ;)

Right now I've got:

2 gillette fusion blades
8 Mach 3 turbo blades
10 Mach 3 blades
6 sensor 3 blades
6 Sainsburys multifit blades

Oh and 100 feathers but there for sale :lol:

At circa 8000 blades I have a storage requirement that necessitates innovative storage solutions (hiding them in other words ;) ), they are not all for me as I do sell and trade a lot but it only works if you have the room for them, I am fortunate in this respect so I look for good deals and ones that I expect to get scarce in the future which improves their trade value.

As I survey my approx 100 DE blades, three magazines of injector blades & 300 / 400 Single edged blades for once in my life I can almost feel positively virtuous. In fact, I may even top up my Gillette DEs for use with my Slim & get a couple hundred more SEs in the New Year. Thanks for makiing me feel good guys !

JohnnyO. :D /

hmm i dont have as many as most here... i keep getting more in PIF's which has allowed me to narrow down what i'm looking for in a blade. I'm enjoying Gillettes just now. probably have something along the following:

-70-80 debys (there as emergency stocks, or as gifts for when i sell people stuff, i dont use them day to day)
-40-50 gillette bleue (these are my every day, go-to blade, so enough here to last me a year or so)
-20-30 feathers (for when i feel like that ultra close shave)
-10-20 randomers, like iridiums, supermax and astra.

certainly enough that i could survive a few years if i needed to. On the basis that one blade seems to last me about 3-4 shaves (the blueues seem to get me to 4-5) then im barely using a blade a week. Sometimes a blade lasts me two weeks. So many years worth of shaving, should there be a terrible nuclear incident tomorrow and i suddenly cant buy any new blades.

WOW, you guys are insane haha, I only started recently and have around close to 100 now already, mixed bunch of different ones, Yellow sent me a few sheffield based ones i do not intend to open, for sentimental sakes.

Ids said:
Right now I've got:

2 gillette fusion blades
8 Mach 3 turbo blades
10 Mach 3 blades
6 sensor 3 blades
6 Sainsburys multifit blades

Oh and 100 feathers but there for sale :lol:

Arent you going the wrong way? buying more crappy brand blades and selling the DE? :mrgreen:

FYI: I believe Kev was looking for any Iridiums..unless he bought out the online stores... :lol:

B

shrink said:
hmm i dont have as many as most here... i keep getting more in PIF's which has allowed me to narrow down what i'm looking for in a blade. I'm enjoying Gillettes just now. probably have something along the following:

-70-80 debys (there as emergency stocks, or as gifts for when i sell people stuff, i dont use them day to day)
-40-50 gillette bleue (these are my every day, go-to blade, so enough here to last me a year or so)
-20-30 feathers (for when i feel like that ultra close shave)
-10-20 randomers, like iridiums, supermax and astra.

certainly enough that i could survive a few years if i needed to. On the basis that one blade seems to last me about 3-4 shaves (the blueues seem to get me to 4-5) then im barely using a blade a week. Sometimes a blade lasts me two weeks. So many years worth of shaving, should there be a terrible nuclear incident tomorrow and i suddenly cant buy any new blades.

Back
Top Bottom