Continuing problems with the post

I have one person in the US and one in Bulgaria chasing me at the moment concerning parcels that haven't arrived. The one to the US was posted on about the 6th Jan, the other to Bulgaria on about the 29th December. I've also had a parcel to France that was posted in I think mid December still not arrive.
It really is frustrating; I know that from the buyer's point of view, they must start to wonder whether they have been fleeced; from my point of view, it is added hassle, and expense if I have to replace parcels, which I am going to have to with the one to France, and may have to with the others. I have yet to make a claim against RM for parcels lost going abroad, but gather that unless it is lost in the UK where ordinary airmail is used, once it has left the country they take no responsibility.
Is anyone else still experiencing unusual delays, especially when posting abroad?

I am also waiting for a few Parcels from UK..its been I think 3 weeks for one and almost the same for the other..and unless I or they paid 2x-3x the amount NO way to track n confirm :?

B

Glad it's not just me then. I did send one parcel this month tracked to USA as it was a large order, and that arrived in 1 1/2 weeks. But for low value orders like most of mine, the postage quickly costs more than the items purchased, if looking at recorded or tracked.

The parcel i sent to Blades was sent before Christmas and it still hasn't arrived,yet other parcels i have sent to the USA have taken less than three weeks,i'm not sure how this happens but it's bloody frustrating,one parcel i sent to Canada never arrived at all and i ended replacing the item and sending it recorded,well out of pocket on that one.

soapalchemist said:
I have one person in the US and one in Bulgaria chasing me at the moment concerning parcels that haven't arrived. The one to the US was posted on about the 6th Jan, the other to Bulgaria on about the 29th December. I've also had a parcel to France that was posted in I think mid December still not arrive.

• ... and as far as I know, the one to Canadianaland hasn't shown up at my sister's place.
          • Yes - I has siblings; be afeared, be very afeared.[/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u][/list:u]

To the UK I've had mixed results from France.
Anything from 48h to 10 days, even 2 weeks for one. Most delays I've had have now been sorted, and we're back to an average of 3-4days.
I send almost everything normal 1st class (Priority International), and never has a parcel got lost.
From what I gather on the few I've tracked, the slow part is the UK.
(it'll travel the first 800miles in 24h, and takes 3 days for the next 200miles)

One recent parcel from the UK took almost 2 weeks to get here, another one 3-4 days.

My last parcel from the US took 9 days to France.

Max

I ship about 70% of my brushes abroad. I use basic airmail small packet rate. I've had only 2 cases of non delivery and I just give a full no quibble refund. There were a few delays during the bad weather/Christmas period. Just one outstanding not yet arrived in the USA after four weeks.

Royal Mail allow 20 working days for delivery in Europe (excludes Sundays) and 25 working days worlwide before accepting claims for non delivery. So I will use that as a benchmark for giving my own refund in cases of non delivery.

Well, its started - eBayers emailing "where is my item, can you chase it with the post office?"

Frustratingly, the GPO wont consider an item lost until its been AWOL for 15 working days- or 3 weeks. eBay on the other hand allow a claim to be made after just 7 days.

Arse.
I can see me losing money here.

Annoyingly though, stuff may have been delivered, but the recorded delivery status has not been updated - at least one item has been delivered (but still shows as "we have your item, being processed" by the GPO) and an item I got recorded today when I checked just now still shows as undelivered (but its sat on my lap right now).
I wonder how I stand if I claim saying its not been delivered (as it shows as undelivered) ebay refund (as they will when someone claims) and then subsequently the GPO tell me they have proof of delivery ages ago. :?

Both of the post offices I regularly use are telling me that they have had loads of complaints of items posted since before Christmas not arriving. I too give a no quibbles replacement or refund; but there's a limit to how much of that you can do, and RM are currently pushing me to it. I have still not received confirmation from the other two customers whose parcels are delayed that they have been received, and worse, a parcel sent abroad for a member customer has also not yet been received where in normal circumstances you would expect that it would have been.
And I am to visit my very ill friend this week for whom I sent parcels to the 4 corners of the world in December - fingers and toes crossed.

Back
Top Bottom