constant re lathering..ideas?

Is the only simple way to keep lather warm is with a shave scuttle... <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://tinyurl.com/29lbbhg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://tinyurl.com/29lbbhg</a><!-- m -->
I used to have the black one..but sadly sold it to pay some bills..any other ideas for less than $50 USD
I used a big green wide cup..it holds lather well but goes cold real quick..I must had re lathered 10 times in my 4 pass shave.

Blades

Blade,another good thing you can do is to fit a small bowl into a bigger one,as long as fits half the way it'll be fine,you can find them very inexpensively at hobbie craft stores

Look for something with a thick wall like a soup mug, you need to get some heat into it and then keep it warm via some of the methods mentioned above.

I usually face lather for the first pass using a warm brush then I use my pre-warmed bowl to create more lather and store the brush whilst completing the first pass. It seems a little odd that you can generate a load more lather from what's left in the brush after the first lather but I've found you can do it quite easily without having to add more soap to the mix. I suspect a decent badger haired brush helps.

If I used a mug I'd maybe try a double skinned metal travel mug which functions much the same as a vacuum flask. Outside doesn't warm up, liquid inside stays much the same temp as it went in at for quite a while.

JohnnyO.

Yeah but am sure PC probably thought it.

As the guys have said it is either a scuttle or put your bowl in warm water during the shave. I use the scuttle as I can have it cooler than the water in my sink both are effective methods.

hmm..as I can recall..my scuttle made my lather very warm..which my skin didnt really seem to like it on hot days like Summertime..make sense?..I have been blessed with VERY coarse/very sensitive skin..oily as well... :roll:

Blades

Does it really bother people if the lather for the 2nd and 3rd pass is cold? Initially I started off faffing about with a bowl in a bowl or just the sink but realised that I'm not that fussed if the lather cool so don't bother now. Even when I face lather the brush has often been soaking in tepid water.

I will try leaving the large mug in hot water in the sink in a few days from now...its the fact that I re lather every minute or so that it got dried on my face..gets annoying..when its 20 times you re whip... :mrgreen:

Blades

Back
Top Bottom