Connaught Luxury shaving cream - peppermint

This came as a sample.

Do you ever do something so delightful you just don't want to stop?
Such was my first experience with this shaving cream.

Using my silvertip Kent BK8 I worked a decent dollop into the tips of the brush and face lathered. A plentiful supply of nice creamy lather emerged sufficient for my usual three passes. I was soon conscious of two things - a really cold blast similar to but better than Proraso and without the smell. And, the most delightfully rich scent of peppermint. Scrumptious! I so, so, enjoyed this. I tried to prolong each pass. It was so good.
I was actually in a bit of a hurry today so I skipped my alum and after rinsing just applied a DR Harris milk moisturiser. My skin afterwards was soft and completely comfortable. I make it the 19th cream or soap I have so far tried and it is right up with the best. The combination of the coldness and peppermint is irresistible.

Within the hour I placed an order for a 100ml pot.

This is not cheap. The 100ml pot is £8.90 plus £2.05 postage.

This is made by Belgrovia Scents Ltd. In England.

The ingredients:

Aqua, Stearic acid,Coconut oil,Potassium hydroxide,Glycerol, sodium hydroxide, Menthyl paraben, Propyl parabens,mentha piperita essential oil.

Attachments

• Peppermint.png
    360 bytes · Views: 1,078
Excellent review Fido and spot on. I picked up the tea tree and the cooling varieties recently and I really like both. I'll make sure to try a few more as they're up there with the three T's.

so far i have recieved 5 of Paul's own in sample form

Sandalwood - quite faint
Neroli - hand\sun cream
Lime - like sweeties
Spearmint - chewing gum minty fresh
Vetiver - smoky like cured ham

performance will be the same on all but so far i've only tried the Vetiver and Sandalwood.

find a scent for you and it's worth buying the big tub :cool:

Is the Sandalwood too faint? I like it but I could have it made stronger.

I haven't sold that many & have received very little feedback, so it's good to see a thread about my creams.

DSC_1375.jpg

Ordered Wednesday. Arrived today (Friday) In these troubled postal times, that's good!

Excuse the photo size - just learnt to post these direct into a post and seeing what the max size looks like.

pdmayhew said:
Is the Sandalwood too faint? I like it but I could have it made stronger.

I haven't sold that many & have received very little feedback, so it's good to see a thread about my creams.

I have the Sandalwood and it's lovely, however I wouldn't mind if it was stronger. The Lavender and Neroli are also nice but my favourite is definitely the Sandalwood.
Performance as a cream alone is good, not better than TOBS etc. but no problems.

Pete

Just a note to add to this thread - I tried a sample of Connaught's Spearmint cream this morning. It was absolutely excellent. The slick lather seemed to suit the delicious spearmint scent and, like Fido, it made me want to take my time lathering my face as the sensation was very pleasurable. I haven't tried the Peppermint but presume that spearmint is a milder, slightly sweeter scent. Just imagine a packet of Wrigleys but less chewy and with better cushioning properties.

As there are lots of different scents available for what appears to be a consistently good cream, perhaps it's worth amending this to become a thread for people to comment on the individual scents?

I have a Peppermint sample kindly given with another order from Paul, it is very good soap and I think I kind of forgot about it as I bought Tabac about the same time. Must break it out again and give it another whirl, have been getting back into the odd cream now and again these days just for the bowl lathering fun.

Paul, I noted you have some of these creama marked as limited stock. Given the sales would you get it back in or was this an experiment to guage interest? I think it does take a while to gain momentum, I have seen threads on it in B&B and they have been positive.

I can / would bring back any scent if there was enough demand. I would however adjust some scents based on the feedback I have received.

I plan to keep about 6 scents available, the creams just aren't very popular. I do get good reviews / comments from people who have tried them.

So far the Tea Tree has been discontinued & I only have one pot of Oakmoss left.

It's strange that I get so many recommendations from the other site because I am pretty sure you can't type Co...... S... even in pm's.

No you are right it blanks it out even in PM's, however i got round this by advising (via PM) to a guy who had no idea what i was talking about to come here, look in the vendor thread and find the one started by "Pdmayhew" and there would be the web address somewhere there.

I imagine that this will probably lead to a ban at some point! ;)

having re-visited some of Pauls samples lately i stand by my view that these are indeed very worthy performers.

my favourite scent is the Sandalwood which is a better scent version than AoS or Coates, but a little stronger wouldn't go a miss

hando said:
my favourite scent is the Sandalwood which is a better scent version than AoS or Coates, but a little stronger wouldn't go a miss

I refer you to Hando's previous post should you decide to take any notice. :D

hando said:
so far i have recieved 5 of Paul's own in sample form

Sandalwood - quite faint
Neroli - hand\sun cream
Lime - like sweeties
Spearmint - chewing gum minty fresh
Vetiver - smoky like cured ham

I don't know why I put off using my sample of Connaught Luxury Sweet Orange for so long. After receiving it about a month ago, I finally used it this morning. Lathered up with my EJ Best Badger brush, shaved with my Red Tip SS and a Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow. Results:the cream's gorgeous scent, rich lather, and perfect cushioning were the foundation of a two-pass (WTG + XTG) near BBS shave! I capped off the experience with a dash of Brut. Easily the best shave of the week so far, thanks primarily to this wonderful cream! :D Highly recommended.

Back
Top Bottom