confused over connaught prices

Hi folks... perhaps someone can clear up some confusion for me..

i went to buy some blades on connaught, saw the price, added to basket and then at the end when i put UK in as my location, the price was increased... ok so i figured the prices must be ex VAT.. thats fine.

what i dont get though, is why the same blades on ebay, from the same seller, were about a quid cheaper?

all that does is make me not want to go direct to their shop, and instead go to ebay.

i'm confused!!

im not sure youre following me here

it was connaught i bought them from on ebay... his ebay shop was about a quid cheaper than his online shop. same seller, same item, same quantity... two different prices.

shrink said:
im not sure youre following me here

it was connaught i bought them from on ebay... his ebay shop was about a quid cheaper than his online shop. same seller, same item, same quantity... two different prices.

I understand exactly what you're on about,since I realized his ebay shop is cheaper than the website I always buy from there.I don't really know why but I have a feeling he's trying to beat other competitors and getting good feedbacks?

possibly... means i'll stick to the ebay shop then ;)

i work between badger and hone and connaught depending on what it is i need. I like B&H because they are very reasonably priced, have clear pricing and postage is free. I understand what connaught are doing, but due to their not amazingly clear pricing, and postage charging, it often puts me off buying there. I'd rather see a fully inclusive price on the item page

Some products may have slightly different pricing between eBay and the standard web shop of Suffolk supplies, and surely there must be a reason for this.
Same applies for certain ranges of soaps, creams, after shaves, etc. which are or not in the eBay store.
However the reason is mainly the selling and pricing strategy of the vendor and not to confuse the buyer, no proprietor would want that.

On eBay, the Connaught shop competes with head on with other eBay vendors, many of which come from Asia, East Europe, etc. and thus have the ability to offer any same product at slightly lower price. This means Connaught may have to adjust for this reason (or for any other reason, this was just an example).
Same applies for some 'seconds' products which occasionally appear on Connaught eBay, while others may be available through a simple announcement via PM by Paul in TSR.

It all relates to the marketing strategy of the particular vendor.

I think his shipping prices are higher on Ebay. I would send him a PM here, Paul´s good people and will most likely help you out.

The LORD prices were being reviewed & the Ebay prices were updated before the website.

Other anomalies are anomalies as it's more expensive to sell by ebay & paypal.

your prices are unclear to me, as the prices on the website make no indication at all that they are ex VAT or otherwise. It was only when i got to checkout that i found there were additional charges to be placed on top.

I went to buy two packs of personna blades... they ended up being substantially cheaper through your ebay outlet. This just caused me some confusion. happy to give you the business, but not going to pay more on the site for no obvious reason. I'm sure, however, that you have a perfectly solid reason for doing so, and that's your business. Just confused me as an end user.

edit: this is all pointless now, as the issue has been resolved :) well done paul

ah i was just about to post there :)

i had just tried again there, and the prices were correct... so i guess it was just an error on the item... im glad i'm not going insane paul :)

thanks for looking into that. If i spot anything else you'll be the first to know.

FWIW the personnas from ebay arrived today and very quickly. Thanks for that.

once ive decided that i like them for sure, i'll order a bunch more off you.

Back
Top Bottom