Closed Completed: Seygus Spain 2016 razor pass around

Black razor on the way to Fly3K. Thanks.
Thanks, Wayne

1. riverrun
  2. Nico1970
  3. Neslo
  4. Stacy555
  5. p.b
  6. mikebrownington
  7. Damianj
  8. mattyb240
  9. Whosthedaddy
  10. Rufus Firefly
  11. AndyMc133
  12. ben139
  13. wayne mattison
  14. fly3k
  15. Sabre
  16. Glen_Lee

The list is open.

Legend:
Waiting
Black razor on the way to, Red razor on the way to,
Black razor currently with, Red razor currently with,
Completed

And the Seygus has landed (yesterday). Visually a very nice little razor and with the weighted section it feels a good weight. Looks like the coating has chipped off in a few places though. Nice tin too. I think some foam cutouts and it would be great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks, Steve

1. riverrun
  2. Nico1970
  3. Neslo
  4. Stacy555
  5. p.b
  6. mikebrownington
  7. Damianj
  8. mattyb240
  9. Whosthedaddy
  10. Rufus Firefly
  11. AndyMc133
  12. ben139
  13. wayne mattison
  14. fly3k
  15. Glen_Lee

The list is open.

Legend:
Waiting
Completed

Can I please take a spot? Love the look of the red one!
Certainly.

1. riverrun
  2. Nico1970
  3. Neslo
  4. Stacy555
  5. p.b
  6. mikebrownington
  7. Damianj
  8. mattyb240
  9. Whosthedaddy
  10. Rufus Firefly
  11. AndyMc133
  12. ben139
  13. wayne mattison
  14. fly3k
  15. Glen_Lee
  16. AlexNoodles

The list is open.

Legend:
Waiting
Completed

So first use yesterday. I can't give a full view on it yet but initial impressions are its very nice looking but a little mild. The weight seemed good with the added stainless weight part added, maybe a little too light without it. Without the weight it's about the size of my ikon tuckaway handle. Has anyone tried shimming this razor yet?

What's shimming? As much as I love the look of the razor, its too mild to do a decent job for me. Any advice accepted at this point before I reach for the EJ..

What's shimming? As much as I love the look of the razor, its too mild to do a decent job for me. Any advice accepted at this point before I reach for the EJ..
Shimming: You take a used (or new - they are cheap) DE blade and cut off the sharp edges with scissors and care. Then you put the mutilated blade in the razor and a normal blade on top. This should make the razor more aggressive.

Last edited:
Shimming: You take a used (or new - they are cheap) DE blade and cut off the sharp edge with scissors and care. Then you put the mutilated blade in the razor and a normal blade on top. This should make the razor more aggressive.
Thanks :) Will give it a go, am having trouble with razor being too mild atm.

@riverrun is it going to @Glen_Lee next? I've got the passaround one blade coming so better get the details to move this one on soon.

Using the shin has transformed the razor to one I'd use. Are they planning on making more aggressive base plates? I like the idea of a red razor.

@riverrun is it going to @Glen_Lee next? I've got the passaround one blade coming so better get the details to move this one on soon.

Using the shin has transformed the razor to one I'd use. Are they planning on making more aggressive base plates? I like the idea of a red razor.

Yes, Steve. Next in line is @Glen_Lee.
Nice to hear that shimming makes a difference. I need to try it once one of the razors is back here.
I'm sure @Thalasos (Gustavo) is listening to feedback. Any plans for a Seygus R41, Gustavo? :p:p

Back
Top Bottom