Complete and utter newbie

Welcome aboard.
Have a look at the buy/sell board as I'm giving away my starter razor in a lucky draw.
If you can't see the subsection as you haven't made enough posts, them pm me and I can add your name to the draw.

Hi cootkuk and thanks for the welcome. I have posted on your thread and fingers crossed. I have been reading all the posts on here before jumping in to buy a razor. Hopefully I will be lucky in your draw. Again thanks.
Carlos

Thanks everyone, Still looking and STILL cannot decide what to go for. So many choices. I am sure I will find that just right combo soon, I hope...

Welcome Carlos, to a bigger braver outlook on life - or at least, some good, interesting advice and chat: only been here a few months myself and believe me, these gentlemen know their onions...

... well, razors, brushes, creams and...

...you get the idea :)

Hi all, well been looking around for a while now and have bought some TOBS sandalwood cream and have a sample pack of blades on order. So I am still looking for a decent razor and brush. So I was wondering if anybody on here has something suitable for a complete and utter newbie? Thanks again

Hi and welcome Carlos, I have an EJ89 with a lined handle for sale at the moment in my thread see if that takes your fancy I started with that razor, vulfix brush and TOBS sandalwood brilliant set up

P1030599_zps38479e00.jpg

I've a listing up in the BST for a few items, some of which would be suitable.
I would recommend any of the 5 superspeeds above, you may take your pick if you fancy one of them. I'll chuck in a new and unused, but undoubtedly cheap and soon-to-be upgraded, synthetic brush, amongst other things to get you started.

There's other stuff in that listing that may take your fancy but the superspeeds, the flare tip rocket or the tech would be the razors I'd steer you toward (that is only if vintage Gillettes are a rabbit-hole you'd want to fall down). I see some of the guys are offering up the EJ89 which is a modern option.

As always my £0.02 advise will be to start mild and cheap, when you move from cartridge like a Mach3 you tend to apply pressure on the razor while shaving, DE less than mild will cut your face and you might decide to reconsider the ordeal.

The best value for starters in my eyes is the Wilkinson Classic which is made with reference to the old Wilki sticky, beautifully made in Darlin polymer with aluminium insert to the handle.

Caveman grooming on Ebay is doing a fairly good deal of the razor plus 5 bladess plus a tub of Cella shaving soap plus a FS pure badger brush all for £15 delivered. link.

Other ebay item if you after a razor a bit heavier can be the Gummy razor from BarberTrade.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GUMMY-PROFESSIONAL-SAFETY-RAZOR-FREE-2-MONTHS-GUARANTEE-AND-2-FREE-GIFTS-/191151973366?pt=Shaving&var=&hash=item72291cee86

Thanks again, I now have a razor, still waiting on the sample blades and still looking for that elusive brush. The search continues again......................

Back
Top Bottom