Comme des Garcons opinions?

Considering trying a bottle from this brand, as the reviews in various places seem generally positive. I like the idea of it not being mainstream so probably not going to smell like someone else. They all seem reasonably expensive but not a problem if it's good quality kit.

Anyone care to chip in with their opinion on any fragrances they own from this 'house'? I'm probably going to order from escensual.com (http://www.escentual.com/comme-des-garcons/) which don't seem to stock the full range but seem a bunch cheaper than everywhere else.

Tom

Picked up and smelt their Wonderwood EdP in House of Frazer, put it back down, walked over to the Diptyque counter and walked away with Tam Dao.

If you have one near you pop in and compare, as i wouldn't recommend as a blind buy.

Smelled 888, Wonderwood, AmazingGreen, 2 and 2 Man in House of Fraser. All a bit sort of unusual, not in an offensive way. Glad I did though. Don't think I'm going to buy any.

I've got Wonderwood, and it's stunning. Dark and woody, just the way I like it. Staying power is one of the strongest I've had in a perfume.

P.S. not sure comparison with Tam Dao is entirely relevant - they are completely different scent groups. Tam Dao is pure sandalwood, and Wonderwood is a woody bouquet - kicks in as a beautiful cade scent for me.

Yes sir. I think Wonderwood was my favorite. I saw some for cheap on perfumelover.co.uk but the site reviews seem a bit hit and miss. Is there anywhere else that sells at less than rrp?

texaspete said:
Yes sir. I think Wonderwood was my favorite. I saw some for cheap on perfumelover.co.uk but the site reviews seem a bit hit and miss. Is there anywhere else that sells at less than rrp?

I bought mine on eBay. A bit risky, and took some time, but saving up to 30 quid may be worth it if you're not in a hurry.

Beg to differ, but a fair few of their notes in the scent pyramids are the same and neither of them have Sandalwood as their main/top note.

I was aiming to make the relevance of my post to the OP as more of a "go in and sample and compare" than waste money on a possible bad blind buy.

Like you i agree with the mention of Cade in regards to a woody scent, as well as L'Occitane EdT, this would be a very safe buy for anyone liking a woody scent.

Back
Top Bottom