Coffee Acquisitions

Carluccio's do the best coffee I've tasted. Last week I bagged one of these and the beans are now in my machine. Yum.

12.jpg

Cheers, very lucky strike on that one, I couldn't believe it was BIN when it turned up. Lets hope the fact its his first sale isn't significant, he's given me a recorded delivery number so I'm hopeful.

It's an old style lever machine so instead of utilising a modern pump you draw the hot water through a cylinder and create the pressure yourself.
I've used 'em before...excellent for one or two shots once the grind is sorted and they are generally bullet proof.

Nice one Adam, whats the damage?

antdad said:

I don't remember how much. We went to Carluccio's for a birthday breakfast and the coffee was so tasty I treated myself to a bunch of beans. Probably about twice as expensive as the Lavazza I get using Amazon's Subscribe & Save.

Group head is leaking like an incontinent OAP, pressure stat isn't working and it's full of scale, latter two are probably related.

Plus side is the chrome is in decent nick.

Oh well I sort of expected it.

antdad said:
Group head is leaking like an incontinent OAP, pressure stat isn't working and it's full of scale, latter two are probably related.

Plus side is the chrome is in decent nick.

Oh well I sort of expected it.

Don't give up you can have a full service done on it for around £40 I can find the number if you want it, they replace all the seals and give it a complete service. You got a bargin even if you cost in the service

Thanks but it's the sort of thing I like to do myself but I thought it was a bit too good to be true.

Anyway boiler is now descaled and the stat is working , service kit ordered.

Pig Cat said:
antdad said:

I don't remember how much. We went to Carluccio's for a birthday breakfast and the coffee was so tasty I treated myself to a bunch of beans. Probably about twice as expensive as the Lavazza I get using Amazon's Subscribe & Save.

If you like Lavazza go to Costco equivalent £13 bag from asda/tesco is £3 from Costco.

mattyb240 said:
Pig Cat said:
antdad said:

If you like Lavazza go to Costco equivalent £13 bag from asda/tesco is £3 from Costco.

Thanks but there's no Costco near me. I get 1kg of beans from Amazon at £10.70 which isn't half bad though. Although I've moved on to doubles recently so those beans are going to run out faster and faster...

Pig Cat said:
Thanks but there's no Costco near me. I get 1kg of beans from Amazon at £10.70 which isn't half bad though. Although I've moved on to doubles recently so those beans are going to run out faster and faster...

Careful Adam, I heard injecting is the next stage..

Boab said:
Pig Cat said:

Careful Adam, I heard injecting is the next stage..

:s Had a lovely coffee just now. Yes, a double shot sure hits the spot! :icon_razz::icon_razz::icon_razz:

Back
Top Bottom