Cider

Well i'm a Cider drinker, and I must have tried nearly every Cider on the market, I dont like any Cider that's under 6.5 vol, I will give you what I regard as my top 3 Ciders, the first one and i'm not favouring this Cider because it's from Wales purely based on flavour and quality, number 1 Gwynt Y Ddraig cider Black Dragon 6.5 vol, number 2, Gaymers Newtons Vale 6.5 vol, number 3 Westons Premium organic 6.5 vol, they are all very fragrant delicous and quite tart in nature, all can be purchased from Tesco or Asda, if you like Cider I think you will love these three, all go well with salads chicken and Pork dishes, serve as cold as possible.

http://www.gwyntcider.com/gyd/index.php/bottled/black-dragon-cider

Jamie

Thanks for that, I'll keep an eye out for those.

I like Westons Organic Vintage cider, (7.3%) and the other day in my local farm shop I found one that went by the name "Jack Ratt" (7.4%) made by Lyme Bay Cider Co. (Dorset)

Yum yum! Very tasty! I'll keep you posted about any others that I find!

I've got a BBQ to go to tomorrow. Will be visiting 'every little only helps you, you greedy overpriced barstewards' for 3 litres of Westons Organic bag in box for about 6 quid please Ta!

Westons Reserve is nice and has a label on the back telling you to drink 3-4 units a day. Where do you stop on the bottle it has 4.2 units in it...

http://www.thecornishcyderfarm.co.uk/cydershop.htm

Rattler is the stuff of legends round these parts.

The Texan-style Cornish hard cyder is interesting.

The 8.4% classic reserve is lovely.

It helps that the farm is just up the road(ish) from me.

chrisbell said:
I'm surprised that PigCat hasn't been in to cheerlead for cider from Suffolk!

What, the Aspall stuff? Well I would have given them a shout but I'm not much of a Cider drinker. I prefer their vinegars. It would be nice to hear opinions on Aspall Cider though if anyone has tried it.

I have tasted Aspall, I would say and this is all very personal, i'm not a fan of Ciders from the south east of England, they tend to add yeast to the cider making process, where as the the premium West Country ciders and premium Welsh ciders get the yeast through a more natural process by using the apple skins, IMO makes for a far better cider.

Jamie.

Pig Cat said:
chrisbell said:

What, the Aspall stuff? Well I would have given them a shout but I'm not much of a Cider drinker. I prefer their vinegars. It would be nice to hear opinions on Aspall Cider though if anyone has tried it.

I've recently discovered their white wine vinegar which I use on salads (not a fan of conventional olive oil-based vinaigrette). Seems very nice.

Pig Cat said:
chrisbell said:

Seeing that i'm from Suffolk I'll give them a shout, great Cider, the Classic and the organic, drink well chilled.
K cider? now where did I see that? ah! yes on the toilet cleaner shelf!!

PC drinks Premier Cru Cola however I quite like Aspalls too, the "Prem Cru Cyder" is actually a nice alternative to bad bubbly despite them trying to poncify it...nice drink with food.

Back
Top Bottom