Christmas presents

Went to visit an old uncle and came home with these...

Marx & C./ Koh-i-noor
[attachment=6331]

Puma 89
[attachment=6333]

Roga/Korten & SCherf
[attachment=6334]

A Rudolf Schmidt/"bambolina"
[attachment=6335]

and my favorite

RAMEAU FI. SENS YONNE (?? not very clear)
[attachment=6337]

and these two...

a Louper in need of major work (*if salvavable?!?)
[attachment=6339]

and a very old Double Arrow,
[attachment=6338]

The Double Arrow is sort of Special... I purchased myself nearly 25 years ago (I was barely 20) and had my very first Straight shave, unfortunately I could not find anyone who could hone it at that time, therefore after few shaves and very poor stropping, I went back to my DE. Funny I found it abandoned in my old parents house and now that I am back into straight Shaving, I decided to bring it home.

There is NO Doubt I will make of these razors, all of them, my personal razors... they are very dear to me as they come form a very dear person.

the only doubt is for the DOUBLE ARROW and for the LOUPER, the first because of the quality , the second because of the damage to blade and scales... is it worth working on them?

Attachments

• Koinnhor.jpg
    Koinnhor.jpg
    344.7 KB · Views: 265
  • puma.jpg
    puma.jpg
    349.2 KB · Views: 155
  • roga.jpg
    roga.jpg
    405.5 KB · Views: 43
  • rudolf.jpg
    rudolf.jpg
    345.2 KB · Views: 47
  • Rambaud.jpg
    Rambaud.jpg
    388.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 2arrows.jpg
    2arrows.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 54
  • louper.jpg
    louper.jpg
    396.7 KB · Views: 50
From the photographs I would say that only the Louper is not worth the effort all the others look as if they can be restored although the first couple could have edge damage because of rust - it's not too clear. If it were me, I would remove the blades from the scales before cleaning and also make sure that the inside scales are cleaned and sterilised. At least two of the blades look as though you have already cleaned them up and appear to be in very reasonable condition.

I agree with your favourite - it's a lovely grind and makes an elegant looking razor.

Make sure you post some more pictures as you restore each razor.

Rob

I also like the look of the Roga, but I do prefer the look of a square point over a round point, all my razors have square points and one barbers notch, I just don't like the look of round points sorry can't help it.

Jamie

Back
Top Bottom