Checking in and saying Hello

Hi all

I made the move over to DE razors a few months ago after 23 years of using cartridge razors and thought it would be a good time to check in and say hi.

I'm currently using a EJ DE89 Barley, EJ Chatsworth Lined and a Muhle R89 (I found a Futur to be a tad too agrressive for me).

I've settled on triple-milled soaps (TOBS, D R Harris & Trumpers) as being preferential over shaving creams and also absolutely love Trumpers Skin Food and T&H Aftershave Balm.

I'm currently experimenting with various blades. I've struggled with Derby's, Sharks, Treet Platinum, Lord, Wilkinson Swords and Merkur's but have got on with 7 O'Clock Yellow's and Feather's.

I tried a Bolzano Super Inox blade for the first time this evening and really got on well with it as well. I've got some Dorco 301's, 7 O'Clock Greens (Russian) and Super Thins to try out over the next few days and am looking forward to giving them a go.

This site, along with a couple of others, has been a really useful resource in helping me to get started and try some new products out - thanks guys. :)

hello n welcome!..Bolzano are great blades!..a bit pricey but have gone down in price..at least here on US ebay..the Gillette Bleue Extra are also worth a try if you find em..also on ebay if you live in the UK

Welcome to TSR!

I'm with Arrowhead on the Dorco wager.

I'll throw in another modest wager, that you will get along well with Red personna's (Red IP)

EDIT: Fido just beat me to the punch on the Personna's :D

/Max

Good morning,

I'll take a fiver on you not liking Dorco either, although they're not the worst blade I've tried. (Step forward and take a bow, Mister Treet). The Russian 7 o'clock greens are (IMO) the best blade out there, I'm sure you'll enjoy those.
Sounds like you are well into this already, welcome to TSR!

Thanks for the friendly welcome and blade advice guys. :)

I tried a Dorco 301 this morning and whilst it gave a comfortable enough shave (without irritation), it just wasn't sharp enough to remove all of the stubble in my normal 2 pass shave. In all, it feels more of a middle of the road blade to me; not particularly special and not particularly bad either.

I've ordered a Personna sample pack and will give the Reds an a couple of others a try.

Hi Andy!

Welcome from me, it's a genuine pleasure to have such a lovely bloke join us on here.

Look forward to hearing about your DE journey.

Dipesh

Back
Top Bottom