Cheap shaving soaps?

Re: RE: Cheap shaving soaps?

longplay said:
NotTheStig - Fume? I couldn't see anything on there by that name.
Searching yields no result as there is a circumflex (or Turkish equivalent) over the letter u. This is the one I use: http://www.bestshave.net/f%C3%83%C2%9Bme-cool-saving-soab-300-gr-p-181.html
There's also a lavender one: http://www.bestshave.net/f%C3%83%C2%9Bme-lavender-saving-soab-300-gr-p-215.html

Sadly both out of stock at the moment

Edwin Jagger soap refill pucks can be had for £4. I like my Aloe Vera one very much, been using it everyday since August and recon I've still got a couple of months left in it. They're a bit hard to stat with but after a week or two's use they soften up. I always use soap and cream so don't use quite so much as I might do if it were soap only, never the less I feel EJ sopa offers great value.

Kent Luxury Shaving Soap - ' Kent's luxury shaving soap refill bar. A fine fougere fragrance based around Patchouli, enhanced with extracts of Lavender, Pine and Clove on a spicy base of Nutmeg, cedar wood, Sandalwood, Vanilla and Musk.'

£5.60 delivered from Amazon, this is Mitchells Woolfat ,arguably with a subtle added fragrance. Lasts forever, so don't get upset about the extra 60 pee over your target. Highly recommended, lathers in hard water areas, great razor glide and very kind to the skin.

My favourite soaps are all around the £5 mark except for D R Harris, but they are excellent IMO.

I use them in the IKEA Grundal containers, so only buy refill pucks.

D R Harris (Almond & Windsor) - £9'ish a puck - triple milled, last a long time and a very nice soap.
MWF (or Kent or Blue beards, all the same) - £5'ish a puck - last a long time.
Lea Stick (Tallow, Lanolin) - £2'ish + shipping from Spain though, best to add to a bigger order or postage will be a killer.
VITOS Super Extra Coconut - £5'ish for a refill size puck.
Proraso Menthol - £6'ish a tub.

All good suggestions. The Edwin Jagger refills looks a good shout for that price.

My original reason for asking, was seeing the likes of the Williams Mug Soap, a hard, cheap puck (a puck for a buck basically). Perhaps I need to add the proviso of easily available in the UK (with little/no postage).

Shave sticks appear to be the closest thing we have cost wise.

Proraso in a tub is less of a soap, more of a hard cream as I understand it.

If anyone is interested i could put together a few cheap creams/soaps that we sell in the Pharmacy and see if there is any interest? We currently stock Palmolive, Erasmic new (sold the old make on TSR last year) and ingrams. We also hold a few soaps. If it is of interest I shall put it up on BST. Your roughly looking at approx £5 for all three delivered.

DrSlothy said:
I recently got a Crabtree & Evelyn Nomad soap refill from Amazon for just a shade over 5 quid, delivered via Prime.

I had a whiff of a few of their soaps at an outlet (in Swindon I think), but didn't like any of the fragrances. Same with the Bodyshop Maca Root.

Back
Top Bottom