Cheap Gillette Silver Blues

Hey, take no notice. The majority on here are great folk. Some people who are great have off days, and the written word is sometimes misconstrued....

£60 for 1000 blades is good.

£60 for 1000 good blades is great!

It's human nature to come second in the lottery, win £40 million and wish you came first and won £80 million!

Just people being people....... :)

been following this since they were £30
tempted to get some, as i feel even if i don't like them i could trade them in the future maybe ;)

are they really THAT good?

Titch said:
You lot are a nightmare. You Made me buy them

Just back from shave, I would have pif'd you a packet if you had waited.

You won't be worried though. A good every day blade. Just used my first one from a PIF, 3 shaves with no drama, irritation or disappointing shaves.

For me not as sharp as Polsilver SI, Iridium Super, Rapira or Lab/Med blades. But likely to be my go to blade for six in a row shaves when on shift.

Enjoy them, or sell them on eBay 100 at a time (only joking Mr5footer) :icon_surprised:

Mr_Smartepants said:
Here's a good description of the differences between the variants.
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/197534-Gillette-Platinums-!?p=3040290#post3040290

Thanks for the link, I don't understand why Mitsimonsta wrote that they are discontinued... I bought 100 of them, received yesterday and had my first shave with them, I'm really impressed. Really good deal!

The only criticism I have, like all blades manufactured at PPI, the non cutting edges (where 1,2,3,4 is printed on) are very rough, other blades for example Feathers are smoothed off. Those edges can sometimes catch my nose. The other negative is the large amount of wax present on the 4 dots compared to other blades manufactured at PPI.

Other than that, I think they're excellent blades.

Stavros said:
Mr_Smartepants said:
Here's a good description of the differences between the variants.
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/197534-Gillette-Platinums-!?p=3040290#post3040290

Thanks for the link, I don't understand why Mitsimonsta wrote that they are discontinued...

I have read quite a few times that these blades are discontinued, but if they are they still seem to be readily available at many sellers.

I just ordered 100. Very similar to Personna Lab Blues for me. A shade less sharp than Feather/Bics/Gillette Indian Blacks, but just as smooth if not smoother. As has been mentioned before, a really good daily blade in a medium aggression razor like a DE89.

Back
Top Bottom