Cheap Gillette Silver Blues

Dave.B said:
Yep they have now at £60 plus postage wonder if he came across this post during a google search after the amount of visits to his listing...

I suppose £65.60 delivered still isn't bad for 1000 blades, but I should learn to strike while the iron is hot!

I overcame my qualms and ordered 1000 before the price went up. it should be easy enough to establish bona fides when they turn up - and it the bona isn't very fide, then back they go. :icon_biggrin:

Even at the revised price they are still about a third of what one might expect.

I'll post back when they turn up.

Check the new listing and compare with the Silver Blues being sold by the seller who's recently being offering the cheap Sputniks... I recon they've checked the other offerings on ebay and used their wordings almost exactly. 5/10/25/50/100 blades etc when the're selling lots of 1,000.
Looking forward to getting the bulk order of 1,000 blades.

Link in the first post is still valid with a cost of £30 per box of 1000 (plus postage). *Edit, sale was cancelled. New link here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261358241518
The blade I shaved with this morning (from a sample pack) says "Gillette Platinum" and looks like this:
1979%20(Z)%205%20Gillette%20Platinum%20India.jpg

I'm guessing that this blade and the ones for sale on ebay are not the same?

Mr_Smartepants said:
Link in the first post is still valid with a cost of £30 per box of 1000 (plus postage).
The blade I shaved with this morning (from a sample pack) says "Gillette Platinum" and looks like this:
1979%20(Z)%205%20Gillette%20Platinum%20India.jpg

I'm guessing that this blade and the ones for sale on ebay are not the same?

The Silver Blues are a different blade Erik. Look similar but different.

The Gillette Platinums are not the same as the Gillette Silver Blues. Of these newer types (cardboard packet versus cellophane on plastic dispensers on card backing) the SB are very good from my limited experience* but the Platinums lacking sharpness (*= a pack used of SB and aabout five packs of the Platinum).

fly3k said:
Taking the mick doubling the price though when I looked at the £30 listing they had more listed at £35 plus p&p...strange.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter whether he doubled the prices or not. £60 for a 1000 plus postage is still cheap considering other retailers have them at £23 for a 100, or £18 for a 100 on the bay.

If any one has a problem regarding his prices why don't you contact him instead of harping on about it in here.

As it has been pointed out 2-3 times in this thread if they are not what they seem, you can return them under eBays returns policy

Was looking at these earlier and now wish I had purchased them for the earlier price. If anyone wants to sell 100 when they get them I'd be interested. Used one for the first time tonight which a kind member sent me and was impressed.

Well quick delivery the 1,000 blades just turned up in the post. A quick look and they look ok regarding packaging etc. Trying one will confirm if all's well but that won't be for a day or two.
Even at £60 + post for a 1,000 they're still cheap.
As I pointed out in my previous posts I think the seller checked around ebay for other prices on these blades and who can blame them for that ?
Just to add I've taken a blade out random and unpacked it. It has the 4 spots of wax holding it to the wrapper as St Petersberg blades have and the same as my existing stock of Silver Blues. The edge looks ok under a 12x loupe.

Back
Top Bottom