Chance to choose, a new material for the Hone Type 15.

What material next for Hone...

• Stainless Steel

• Aluminium

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hello. I thought I would ask the fantastic community here which material they might like to see next for the Hone Type 15. I have some samples and planning which version to do next, the choices are...

Aluminium (Black and Silver anodized versions) @ 50 - 60g, and cost around £75+/-
Or
Stainless Steel (Possibly plated or raw stainless ) @ 150 - 160g, and cost around £110+/-

I can't guarantee that this will decide the final choice as there are lots of factors, but it will certainly have a big influence. I look forward to seeing what everyone wants.

Many Thanks, Andrew from Hone Shaving.

Last edited:
Aluminium of course. Stainless steel is only marginally lighter than the original brass, so if you find the brass Hone to heavy, the stainless steel one would be too heavy as well.
I tried to vote for bakelite or carbon fibre, but couldn't find those options

Aluminium of course. Stainless steel is only marginally lighter than the original brass, so if you find the brass Hone to heavy, the stainless steel one would be too heavy as well.
I tried to vote for bakelite or carbon fibre, but couldn't find those options
That's a fair point indeed Andreas.

I'm OK with the weight, but I did find the brass Type 15 was a bit 'top heavy' i.e. it had to be held very close to the head.

Dare I mention titanium? :D

Not actually an owner of a Hone, but i do admire them. I feel a high polished stainless steel would suit it.
Also with Nico on the titanium!

That's a fair point indeed Andreas.

I'm OK with the weight, but I did find the brass Type 15 was a bit 'top heavy' i.e. it had to be held very close to the head.

Dare I mention titanium? :D
Let me look that up in my Hone material database: 86 grams. Good compromise :D:D
For the record: Carbon fibre 34 grams, Bakelite 25 grams and for a laugh: Balsa wood: 3 grams

Back
Top Bottom