Cella lather problem

Anybody else have issues with getting a thick lather from their Cella ?
Slightly disappointed so far with its performance so checking if the thin lather is something anyone else has found and solved

Proraso tabac TOBS etc all lather fine for me with the same brushes
Strange

Brianpilman said:
Load more to start with a wetter than normal brush. its a strange product. There a key point in my eyes where enough product on brush will get an outstanding lather
Like what our Bri said.
I soften the Cella with a splash of water whilst in the shower and quite often go back and load some more whilst creating the lather (face or bowl). Takes a little more work but is nice when you get it right.

Soak the surface of the soap whilst you're doing your preshave prep. Instead of dumping this water, when you're ready to load the brush, tip it into the shaving bowl or scuttle, it'll help in creating the lather.

I've got a bowl very similar to this

http://shop.bestshave.net/copper-shaving-cup-p-187.html

I've put 150gm roughly of cella in it and I use the bowl to both load and build a lather

Perfect every time

Well the good thing to hear is that it's not an issue for most of you. I've tried most of the soaps out there and lather thickness hasn't been an issue
Haven't given up on it though. Could be the water is problematic maybe for this one.
Gonna keep going with wetter brush and heavier loading for a bit and see if it improves

Al H said:
I've got a bowl very similar to this

http://shop.bestshave.net/copper-shaving-cup-p-187.html

I've put 150gm roughly of cella in it and I use the bowl to both load and build a lather

Perfect every time

Same here... but with a different bowl (with a lid). Plenty of room for whizzing up a lather. I have to say I've never had any trouble with Cella at all. Bought the 1kg box of the stuff recently, my favourite soap!

Hi, use it in my rotation( real meaning: 'next in the container by the sink). Been using it in my Suribachi . Just scope a clump out of the original container and press against the bottom of the bowl.

I always found Cella a bit inconsistent but loved the scent and post shave feel so stuck with it.

The other week I used it for the full week but changed brushes each day. Having fairly hard water down here in Essex I do the Marco Method and take a very wet brush to it but instead of doing 120 swirls as he recommends I ended up doubling it to around 240. I know it seems a lot but all week I was rewarded with some superb shaves from this soap and have to say I finially understood why some hold this soap in such high esteem and also more product seems to beat the hard water as well.

No bowl involved just face lathered.

A good, wet boar brush seems to get the best out of it for me, but it works nicely with a badger also.

I have the little red tub. I just unscrew the lid and go for it. No pre-soaking or anything like that. I find it one of the most consistent performers.

Ian

Try loading up from that little red tub with the Kent BLK12 - nice and messy but a great shave.

The other week when using the Cella I used a Simpsons Chubby 2, C&E badger, Kent BLK12 and an Omega Pro 48. considering the price difference between the boar and those badgers the boar more than held it's own.

It really is an excellent soap and well worth sticking with it to try and get the best out of it as it will reward you for your patience.

i've never had any trouble with cella - just keep loading the brush then whip it up as you usually would - it may seem too thick but a few drops of water will make it explode into lathery goodness.

i've found that over time you get used to different soaps and creams so a bit of playing with your method will yield results

Back
Top Bottom