Cella Colonia Classica

Got a bottle of this from Connaught Shaving the other day, and I will review it as best as I can. (Not done a review before so please forgive if it's a bit patchy).

First Impressions

A bit of a disappointment here, as someone forgot to screw on the top properly. The post office must have turned the box upside down, and about 30% of this had spilled out across everything else.

The bottle
A nice big chunky bottle, but with a huge opening, (see picture), so that you get a flood of the stuff into the palm of your hand, it's almost impossible to avoid this. So I filled up an empty 100ml sprinkler of my own with it, and that's much better.

The scent
I think this is an excellent scent. Very strong top note of lemon, which is calmed down with lavender. The lavender needs to be there or the lemon would be overpowering.

The Price
£12.20 for 200ml which is excellent value in my opinion.

Burn
Next to nothing, very smooth on the skin.

Longevity
Much better than average on me.

Summary
I think this is going to come down to whether you like lemon as a scent or not. If you're not keen you won't be a fan. If you do, you will love this.

Attachments

• merlin costume 009.JPG
    360 bytes · Views: 232
  • merlin costume 011.JPG
    360 bytes · Views: 223
Professor Blighty said:
The bottle
A nice big chunky bottle, but with a huge opening, (see picture), so that you get a flood of the stuff into the palm of your hand, it's almost impossible to avoid this. So I filled up an empty 100ml sprinkler of my own with it, and that's much better.

Nice review.

The accepted method for avoiding aftershave spilling all over the place is to place a finger-tip over the opening to regulate the flow.

Aqua Velva is a prime example - it even has a concave opening for that very purpose.

You can use quite a few parts of the anatomy to reduce said flow, but there are a couple that I wouldn't recommend!!! :oops:

I tend to use my thumb these days, especially after that incident.....well, let's not go there again.

Ian

That's a very useful, concise review Prof, thanks. I'm still on my little sample bottle of this stuff and it's good stuff in my book, but I swear blind there's a burnt rubber note in there somewhere which took a while to get used to.

I regularly use the Cella Classica cologne since a few months. It has a wonderful classic scent indeed. It starts off with a strong lemon scent, but that is rapidly in with flowery lavender notes, and a herbal accent. The lemon tones down very much after a while, but the lavender and herbal scents stay with me for at least 8 hours.

The manufacturer claims to use a late 19th century recipe, and the scent makes me believe it. I can absolutely see a 1920s Italian gentleman somewhere in Milano wearing this scent.
Some might call it too old fashioned, and it is very unlike modern "designer scents" indeed. But it has become one of my favourites.

I'm on my second bottle of this - gave the last quarter to my sister, it's a brilliant warm weather scent. Classic and refreshing with big dollop of fresh mown meadow in there. Whilst Lavender is a dominant note the other "wildflowers" give it pep.
Their Eau de Lavande was my scent of the Spring.

Count of Undolpho said:
I'm on my second bottle of this - gave the last quarter to my sister, it's a brilliant warm weather scent. Classic and refreshing with big dollop of fresh mown meadow in there. Whilst Lavender is a dominant note the other "wildflowers" give it pep.
Their Eau de Lavande was my scent of the Spring.

I have the Eau de Lavande as well, for when I want the pure lavender scent.

Back
Top Bottom