Cautionary tale

Been reading through this thread on B&B a 1 year+ member has stung multiple members with fraudulent trades.

Now when I worked for a bank the bank up the road got raided and the police came in to review our security tapes as they said chances are they went into every bank and decided which was easiest to rob, so by the same logic all shaving forums need to keep their eyes open for this guy.

Not saying he has joined here as well just that he might have and a reminder to be as careful with trading here as you would be any where else.

A few interesting points made in that thread that we could implement here to be on the safe side:

Not use PayPal gift, use "goods", and adjust price accordingly.
When posting pics of items, add a note in the picture with your username.

Then again, most people selling here on BST are pillars of TSR, who would unlikely pull a scam like this.

Let's jut be careful with new/low post count member if they're offloading a bunch of stuff..
(unlikely someone will pull a fast one for just one item)
Maybe limit the amount of items listed on BST to the amount of posts/join date?

Well, seeing the amount of stuff that goes through here on BST, we're not doing badly!

On the same note, I was quite surprised by the amount of trust you guys put in me on the group buys, at one point I probably had around 200 of your euros.
(the idea of doing a runner never crossed my mind though!)
It's also the reason I posted each step of the way.. transparency is the key to trust.

Max

FrenchBlade said:
A few interesting points made in that thread that we could implement here to be on the safe side:

Not use PayPal gift, use "goods", and adjust price accordingly.
When posting pics of items, add a note in the picture with your username.

Then again, most people selling here on BST are pillars of TSR, who would unlikely pull a scam like this.

Let's jut be careful with new/low post count member if they're offloading a bunch of stuff..
(unlikely someone will pull a fast one for just one item)
Maybe limit the amount of items listed on BST to the amount of posts/join date?

Well, seeing the amount of stuff that goes through here on BST, we're not doing badly!

On the same note, I was quite surprised by the amount of trust you guys put in me on the group buys, at one point I probably had around 200 of your euros.
(the idea of doing a runner never crossed my mind though!)
It's also the reason I posted each step of the way.. transparency is the key to trust.

Max
Or you're playing the long con. Just buttering us up for the one big score. Enough to set you up nicely when you get to Mexico. I've got your number FB. ;)

Yellow Jim said:
Or you're playing the long con. Just buttering us up for the one big score. Enough to set you up nicely when you get to Mexico. I've got your number FB. ;)
andyjreid said:
Ha ha aye Max was secretly gutted when Martin de Candre came back with a negative :lol:
Damn! You've found me out! Ah well, I guess I'll have to try on the other forums then :lol: :lol:

Max

Back
Top Bottom