Caron colognes and aftershaves

Has anyone here tried them?

I was watching Bidup TV last night and the flannelling presenter was selling them and rattling on about how great they were (as you would expect).

Just wondered if anyone here had 'real world' experience!

I've tried three of their colognes and I rate them very highly.

Pour Un Homme is the best Lavender cologne you'll ever find. Starts off with French lavender and dries down to a warm vanilla. Always on top 10 lists of classic colognes for men (by those in the know).

Yatagan is one of (if not THE) most unique scents ever. Very dry and green. Hard to describe. If you've ever smelled and liked Original Polo then this would be worth a try. Very 70's /80's in style. Bosh! Here I am!

Troisiemme Homme is a very nice spicy and very classy cologne in the same sort of family as Kouros.

As always ... TRY SAMPLES BEFORE BUYING.

The one on that shite shopping channel was 'L'Anarchiste'

I've instantly found it for half the price of their 'once in a lifetime' bargain!

The scents you've described sound very nice, Vinny. Particularly Troisiemme Homme. Kouros, Fahrenheit and Paco Rabanne take me back to going clubbing at 18 (which was, erm, a while ago).

If you get yourself over to 'First In Fragrance' a German site but they have an English version, you can buy very generous samples for 4 Euros and each one will give you enough for a good six wearings.

I'll second what Vinny says on two counts.

Firstly, Yatagan. What a fragrance! Subtle, complex, utterly beguiling. If you only ever try one more scent in your life, make it this one.

Secondly, First In Fragrance (www.ausliebezumduft.de ) excellent range, almost all frags available as generous samples, very good product descriptions and fast service.

I have Carons the Third man & Pour Homme both excellent, but the Third man is really lovely stuff, they can be bought for approx £25 at Cheapsmells, I bought them both as blind buys, as I hate Celery I never bothered with Yatagan !

Tall_Paul said:
Has anyone here tried them?

I was watching Bidup TV last night and the flannelling presenter was selling them and rattling on about how great they were (as you would expect).

Just wondered if anyone here had 'real world' experience!

Jeez Paul,

Another rabbit hole you wanna get lost in? Fragrances are even more personal than blades.....well, maybe about the same.

That house makes some excellent bang for the buck frags. Surprisingly good scents (according to many reviews) with better than average lasting power. Third Man is a real crowd pleaser from what I understand.

I have two versions of Yatagan EdTs (one new and one very old), plus an old AS with that scent as well. Matter of fact, a two ounce bottle of some vintage Yatagan EdT sold a while back for around $100 or so. New bottles of the same fragrance go for around $40 or less. Heck of a deal really.

Heh, hope that 'helps'

Neilo said:
as I hate Celery I never bothered with Yatagan !

Hi there,

Smart of you to avoid it. Craziest note to have in a frag, and yeah you gotta like celery.

I have some Yatagan from the first batch in the early 70s, and the celery is a bit over the top. That, combined with the wood notes make for an interesting combo.

Martin

Hi Martin, I agree with you that the Caron fragrances are excellent value for money, and from what you say I would be unkikely to like Yatagan......Have you tried the Yuzu and if so whay did you think of that one ?

Neil

ive been looking at the pour on homme for a while, i really like lavender and my next edt purchase i want to be a lavender-centric one. caron pour un homme looks really good value and looking at reviews seems to be well thought of.

couldnt resist any longer and bought some pour un homme... wonderful stuff :) ive been wearing it the last few days and found it wasnt what i expected but i stiil think its a beautiful scent. i expected more lavender on the drydown but the vanilla is fantastic, normally i find vanilla can get a bit sickly but this seems to avoid going into sickly and is just a warm vanilla. out and out beautiful!

isaiah53 said:
couldnt resist any longer and bought some pour un homme... wonderful stuff :) ive been wearing it the last few days and found it wasnt what i expected but i stiil think its a beautiful scent. i expected more lavender on the drydown but the vanilla is fantastic, normally i find vanilla can get a bit sickly but this seems to avoid going into sickly and is just a warm vanilla. out and out beautiful!

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread but thought I'd mention that as I've been enjoying L'Anarchiste so much I've just bought Pour Un Homme from Cheapsmells and Yatagan from FragranceX.

I stopped wearing cologne for about twenty years until I started DE shaving again!

Halk said:
Glad you liked it - you didn't mention it so I had assumed you weren't keen on it. Glad it's found someone's face to live on :)

I'm sure I mentioned and thanked you in an one of the Acquisitions threads? :huh:

If not, then sorry mate! It was a very generous gesture that has been very much appreciated. If I can ever return the favour then just ask.

Back
Top Bottom