Capello

I'm glad he's gone. OK, the FA went over his head and he was "undermined", so he had reason to resign. But it was plain obvious that Terry had to go. And you don't publicly castigate your bosses - and stay.

And I hope that the new man speaks English I can fully understand.

Well that should rule out good old Harry then.

It's the effort from Redknapp's mates in the media to get him in that has ultimately cost Capello his job. A farcial situation all round.

He's not the first Italian to jump from a sinking ship in recent weeks.

Good riddance to him, the England squad aren't the most talented bunch out there but a decent coach should have been able to get more out of them than a 0-0 draw against the likes of Montenegro.

The Euro championships were never going to go well with this plank at the helm. Poor communicator, poor motivator, poor tactician, poor leader. Bye Fabio.

Good. Now, we need a to get a good English/British manager in, and then he needs to leave a certain Mr. Terry out of the squad.

Ian

antdad said:
Like Keegan, Mclaren or Taylor?...Yep plenty to look forward to.

Point taken.

Those managers may have been useless, but at least they showed some passion. Capello was neither capable nor cared, it was just a "job" for him.

I think that picking a manager from one of The Championship teams would be interesting, as at least they'd still be hungry.

Ian

I'm no Football fan, but are there any english managers out there good enough? I think if any English manager had to hand in a CV with the details of what they have won or achieved including Champions league winners you wouldn't have much to put on your CV. International sport doesn't need a manager from ones own country, I dont understand the need for it, surely the best man for the Job, so there's your short list, Alex Ferguson or José Mourinho.

Jamie.

That's just naive Jamie, Ferguson barely wanted to coach a Scottish side let alone an English one which would be tantamount to treason for him, Mourinho wants to coach his national side towards the end of his career and both are foreign managers anyway.There will be a press campaign for Rednapp because he's English, press friendly and is currently doing well with Spurs, that can change very easily.

As with Eriksson (who was a fine coach btw) Capello's tenure will be systematically degraded, an English coach with "pashun" will be employed and the team will still come home with their tails between their legs because in the end the players just aren't good enough as well as being knackered after a long season.

Regardless of what you think of Capello the manager, he should, as manager be able to chose his own captain.

Terry is innocent until proven guilty. Another expensive balls up by the English FA.

If 'appy 'arry gets the job part time he will be the best thing since the last best thing, right up until England lose their first game. Then the press will turn against him as they do to every England manager, and they will be baying for him to either do the job full time or quit.

Spurs will give him an inproved contract and that will be the end of that.

TBH I've lost interest in the English team.

A bunch of highly overpaid no-marks, few of whom seem to have any passion for the badge.

The last tournament I enjoyed us participating in was Euro 96. Since then it's been the same every time, the likes of The Sun whipping up everyone's expectations (massively unrealistically too) followed by a dismal showing by 'our boys'.

I'll watch but 'am I bovvered'.

Back
Top Bottom